X Rebirth ships for X3AP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

X Rebirth ships for X3AP

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 18:06

I really wonder if there actually is something that adds X Rebirth capital ships in X3AP or any older X game?

Would be nice to fly that huge carrier from X Rebirth before release, in X3AP. Just so.

Schultski

Post by Schultski » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 23:51

The only ship you can find in X3-AP, before the release of X-Rebirth, is the Albion Pride.

Other than that, I cannot say much.
Some modellers [especially myself], are having difficulties with just the ship models.

Although, I do expect there will more 'X-Rebirth modelled-after' ships for both X3-TC and X3-AP, right after the actual game itself is out...

Sincerely,
Schultski Rheindland
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

sartha
x4

Post by sartha » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 01:04

I recall Egosoft being against importing ships from X3AP to X3TC so I can imagine they will also be against importing ships from XRebirth to X3AP or X3TC for the same reasons.

So while you can probably do it yourselves, I would ask Egosoft if it's ok before you post anything up on the forums and risk a ban-hammer.
http://www.4shared.com/dir/3436478/923c ... Ships.html Home of the Wing Commander ships (xsp format) for X3 Reunion.

"Her speed and maneuverability make us look like we're standing still..." --about the Vesuvius-class Supercarrier.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 10:31

You dont even have to ask, its not allowed to port new stuff into old games.

Porting old models to the new games it not so much of a problem, you still have to ask however.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 3. Oct 13, 10:44

Pretty sure its not even going to be possible, read Bernds post about "100s of surface elements" and then realize that the old engine cant even handle more than 72 "guns". Not even going into the issue of size and and how its a pain tu run anything over 200k polys. Looking at detail in the new capitals its at least that and then some.

And then as said porting new stuff to old games is usually a no-go.

MFG

Ketraar

Schultski

Post by Schultski » Sat, 5. Oct 13, 23:00

Ketraar wrote: And then as said porting new stuff to old games is usually a no-go.
Does this limitation is only applied to any X-series games, or just any games out there are also affected?

As I recall my experience, there is space-strategy game [almost similar to Homeworld-series], called Starwolves [which is now lead to 'Starwolves 3']. This game has allowed some new ship models to be ported to its predecessors, as the game itself, despite of having new titles with each release, are using game engines that are similar to X-series, 'history-ladder' wise [which means it is a bit of 'copy-paste' from previous game set to the new ones, with some extra tastes added in...].

Sincerely,
Schultski Rheindland
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”