[x3ap] what to do with IBL overflow...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

firestorm79
x4

[x3ap] what to do with IBL overflow...

Post by firestorm79 » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 13:44

I have over 200 sitting in my PHQ taking up room. I went a bit OTT at weaver's tempest, and then with my own IBL forge(s)... plus nearly every ship I cap seems to have these onboard for me like a little twisted joke of a present...

where can I sell them?

or is there better use for them?
Last edited by firestorm79 on Fri, 27. Sep 13, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 14:02

Drop them in space, inside a station structure - maybe the salvage ships will drop something useful while trying to get to it :D

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 14:05

pref wrote:Drop them in space, inside a station structure - maybe the salvage ships will drop something useful while trying to get to it :D
nice... :twisted:

but how would I get their loot if it's inside my station structure!? And come to think of it, how do I drop them inside a station structure??

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 14:08

YOU are probably enough of a pilot to fly between the station's walls. NPCs aren't

And don't equipment docks buy them?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 14:09

Inside the bounding box i mean. Stations tend to have concave structure. That should do it for the AI.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 15:49

pref wrote:Inside the bounding box i mean. Stations tend to have concave structure. That should do it for the AI.
what's a bounding box :?

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 16:30

You can sell them at every EQ dock/Military Outpost, or you could just store them in a TL in case you ever want to outfit a huge fleet of M7.

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 16:32

You should be able to manually sell them at any equipment dock or military base.

delstars
x3tc

Post by delstars » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 17:12

Give some to me! :P :lol:

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 17:14

Thx guys didn't realise that EQ/MBs would buy them. Duh...
Masochisto wrote:You should be able to manually sell them at any equipment dock or military base.
So I can't get a CLS2 to do it?
delstars wrote:Give some to me! :P :lol:
lol - would if I could...

But they really aren't that hard to get a hold of. Weaver's Tempest is what got me into CLS2s and I know I made a pig's ear/dog's dinner of it, but in the end I had refined it to a fine art and the two forges there were popping them out in no time (plus making me a bit of money).

And also...

If you do the shady business plot...
Spoiler
Show
you can get access to IBL forges by siding with Yaki/Beryll

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 18:04

firestorm79 wrote:
Masochisto wrote:You should be able to manually sell them at any equipment dock or military base.
No. CLS 2 can't sell something that isn't on the ware list. But if you have an EqD of your own you can automate the process using manual trade run on an infinite repetition loop. For MTR the ware has to be a stocked item at the pick up point (hence the need for your own dock) but it doesn't have to be on the inventory list at the selling point.

Actually, since you have IBL forges of your own you could set the MTR to run out of one (or more) of them.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 23:30

Timsup2nothin wrote:
firestorm79 wrote:
No. CLS 2 can't sell something that isn't on the ware list. But if you have an EqD of your own you can automate the process using manual trade run on an infinite repetition loop. For MTR the ware has to be a stocked item at the pick up point (hence the need for your own dock) but it doesn't have to be on the inventory list at the selling point.

Actually, since you have IBL forges of your own you could set the MTR to run out of one (or more) of them.
That sounds exactly like something I need to do. How do you set MTR to run an infinite loop?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 00:35

firestorm79 wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote:
firestorm79 wrote:

That sounds exactly like something I need to do. How do you set MTR to run an infinite loop?
When it asks for number of repetitions, tell it -1. It operates on a counter, adding one each time it completes the loop and then checking 'am I there yet?' It will never reach negative one, so it will never stop.

Unless it can't pick up, meaning your source ran out, or it can't sell, meaning the buyer is full. You have to make sure it doesn't carry too many for the buying dock to take in one pop, but the buying dock eliminates them as soon as you make the sale so it will never be full. Keeping your stock from running out can be done with CLS or however you want to do it, but remember you may want some IBLs at some point so don't feed everything into the MTR source.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 14:12

firestorm79 wrote:
pref wrote:Inside the bounding box i mean. Stations tend to have concave structure. That should do it for the AI.
what's a bounding box :?
its a graphics 'trick' to help with collision detection - rather than decide if you're too close to something, you draw a big sphere around it and check if you are too close to that instead - makes the calculations a LOT easier, therefore faster.

thelastslaith

Post by thelastslaith » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 22:54

You can just load them all into a TL and with that just take it to a random EQ dock and sell as many at average price as you want as you sell two at a time and they disappear. If you make sure that you are paying a lower price this can result in a little more profit whenever you get too much overflow aswell.
TLS

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 18:17

thelastslaith wrote:You can just load them all into a TL and with that just take it to a random EQ dock and sell as many at average price as you want as you sell two at a time and they disappear. If you make sure that you are paying a lower price this can result in a little more profit whenever you get too much overflow aswell.
It would have been great if you could play the stock exchange with IBLs as a TL full of them would make me quite a bit that way!

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 01:59

firestorm79 wrote:
thelastslaith wrote:You can just load them all into a TL and with that just take it to a random EQ dock and sell as many at average price as you want as you sell two at a time and they disappear. If you make sure that you are paying a lower price this can result in a little more profit whenever you get too much overflow aswell.
It would have been great if you could play the stock exchange with IBLs as a TL full of them would make me quite a bit that way!
Shouldn't that be possible at the Yaki Stock Exchange? I am sure it has IBLS listed.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 17:11

Timsup2nothin wrote:Unless it can't pick up, meaning your source ran out, or it can't sell, meaning the buyer is full. You have to make sure it doesn't carry too many for the buying dock to take in one pop, but the buying dock eliminates them as soon as you make the sale so it will never be full. Keeping your stock from running out can be done with CLS or however you want to do it, but remember you may want some IBLs at some point so don't feed everything into the MTR source.
Even if your source is empty, they will just carry on flying backwards and forwards without loads.
A few other notes would be:
They only work if the run is profitable. So the source selling price has to be less than average. -1 is fine.

Make sure they are not homebased to the source as they will not work.

You need trading system extension installed on the ships to get the manual trade loop command. The only AI command it is used for.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”