MK3 UTs still flying into blacklisted sectors

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Leded

MK3 UTs still flying into blacklisted sectors

Post by Leded » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 01:59

ok i have (or had) some Universe Traders running for me, and so far 3 of them got killed in the warzone areas by terrans... which makes no sense for 2 reasons. a: i had those systems blacklisted so they shouldn't have even been there and b: i have maxed relations with the Terrans/ATF so why did they even get shot at?

am i doing the blacklisting "wrong"?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 02:46

I'm a TC guy so can't help you with blacklists or war zones...but I do know some stuff about Mk3s being where they don't belong.

A Mk3 pilot can decide for himself that he needs fighter drones. I don't know if their 'go buy drones' logic consults black lists. If your rep with Terrans is good they would almost certainly be willing to fly into Terran space to get them, even war zones.

Mk3 pilots are notorious for running out of jump fuel and heading for the nearest SPP with absolutely no regard for what they have to cross to get there. Many of them die in Xenon sectors over this. It wouldn't surprise me if they flew through war zones.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 02:54

The Blacklisting only keeps the traders from setting a destination to a station in those sectors... if you are allowing your traders to trade in Terran space, they are going through war sectors because they are trying to get to non-blacklisted sectors on the other side of them.

Leded

Post by Leded » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 03:24

ahhhh, so blacklisting all of the Terran Areas may remedy this? .... i just lost another UT to a Terran Katana in asteroid belt lol

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 03:37

It depends on where the jump beacons are and what the shortest route is, but in general Jupiter 2 and 3 are out. If you have a JB in Saturn or Mars, that makes those areas perfectly safe.

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 03:37

yes, I'd blacklist all of the terran sectors.

There is also a bug in the Mk3 trader script that causes them to not jump away when being attacked in Terran sectors. It is another great reason to blacklist them all, and to not use Mk3 traders in Terran Space.

Leded

Post by Leded » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 04:37

i've done that and so far, no more UT terran deaths. side note, they also killed any sector traders i had around there. BUT i had a sector trader in the aldrin areas and it was perfectly safe. was pretty effective at keeping my Terran/ATF rep well padded so i could finish the plot missions w/o them totally hating me :D

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 20:15

I find it easier in not activate universe and stick with Sector Traders.

At level 20 they should have a range of 8 jumps. Equaling a 16 jump range centered at it's home sector. Should be more than enough sectors to keep one from going idle. Plus you can keep them out of hostile sectors just with it's home sector leash of 8 and under jump range.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 23:52

I stick with Sector traders and local traders too.

UT's are reserved for those experienced traders who keep asking me what to do.
If that does not work,then they get sent as ambassadors to negotiate with the Xenon. :twisted:

Also... whoever has the lowest points in your favour, regardless of your actual rank, will attack your assets in warzones.

So if Argon are 57% and Terran are 56% then Terran ships will attack your assets when you are OOS.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 01:46

TTD wrote:I stick with Sector traders and local traders too.

UT's are reserved for those experienced traders who keep asking me what to do.
If that does not work,then they get sent as ambassadors to negotiate with the Xenon. :twisted:

Also... whoever has the lowest points in your favour, regardless of your actual rank, will attack your assets in warzones.

So if Argon are 57% and Terran are 56% then Terran ships will attack your assets when you are OOS.
So that's why none of my scavanged ships made it to omly shipyard even though there was nothing red around :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”