TL ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rdtcmtt

TL ships

Post by Rdtcmtt » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 15:13

I'm beginning to understand this game much more now, I have decided to purchase a ore factory to build out there in Antigone memorial , good enough as to start.
What I did not know which makes since is have a TL ship or hire one, did just that and waited around for a argon mammoth .
I hired it to take my load and ask it to follow me back to the argon fed shipyard.
We'll if I'm right it cannot dock at the shipyard , so how do I get it to the dock close enough to allow a purchase , it seems that the mammoth is just sitting out there going 1ms , so if it cannot dock or if it can what is the procedure.
Thanks.........Robert

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 15:20

You open communication with the captain and order it to dock at the shipyard. It CAN dock. It just takes forever because it's a big ship and it needs to align just right.

You can speed up the process by getting out of the sector while it docks, cause if you're not there collision physics are disabled and a big ship like that can dock faster.

You can watch its progress from your Owned Properties window; once you hire the TL it should appear in your list of ships.

Once the Mammoth is docked, you go back to the shipyard and open the Trade menu with the shipyard and buy the Ore Mine. It will ask where to put it and confirm that you want to put it in the TL Mammoth that is docked.

Once you do that, open comms with the TL captain and tell it to fly to the sector where you want the mine to be installed. You don't have to follow it around, and in fact it's faster if you stay away from the sectors where it is, because then it doesn't have to align with the gates (again, big ship, slow to line up).

Once it gets to the sector where you want to deploy the mine, comm the captain and tell it to deploy your station. The map will open up and you can pick the asteroid you want the mine on. And that's it.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 15:33

You call the captain, to hire... then you have to call him again and tell him to dock at 'so and so' Ship Yard (they can also dock at Equipment docks, but there is very little reason to do so.)

To load up a hired ship you go into the Shipyards trade menu, and as long as a TL is docked you can buy stations. (this can be done remotely as long as you have a trade extension installed on your player ship.)

After done with that you either go to the shipyard's landed ships and comm the hired ship from there, or find it in your properties menu. (if you have the menu options sorted to a custom sorting, then you must put the sorting back to default, or the hired ship won't be on your list.) Then you tell it what sector to go to. All of this can be done remotely. You only have to be in system to drop your station into space.

Hires don't charge per hour, they only charge by gates crossed, and their price varies based on their Race. This means that if you want, you can hire every TL you find at a Shipyard sector (there will be one, there) and just have him dock at the shipyard and it won't cost you a penny. Takes away from the immersion, but that's all it will do.... It will allow you to just buy stuff remotely and not have to go in sector to hire. The time saved could allow you to do a build mission without owning a TL ship.

Advantage of having your own? Hires don't use jump drives, and not all shipyards have everything. For example you likely don't want M size factories. But the only factory that carries a Large Bakery is 20+ jumps away, with Jump Drives that wouldn't be a problem.

Also, in TC and AP you can make some money by doing Build Missions. However, be aware that they don't cover your costs (like with the deliver ship missions), so you have to be picky of what you accept. You have to pay for the factory out of your own pocket. And sometimes that 4 million reward winds up only being 10K worth of profit after buying the station. But build missions do have a secondary effect.... you're adding stations to sectors.

One thing about mines... don't accidentally put an Silicon mine on a Ore Asteroid or vice-versa. Nothing like spending 1mill on a Silicon Factory and planting it on an Ore Asteroid and winding up with a near useless factory.

Rdtcmtt

Post by Rdtcmtt » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 20:08

We'll folks I got the TL ship to bring my factory to the sector , but the TL ships seems to be going in the wrong direction from my ore astoroid even though I continue to give it the coordinates .

What am I doing wrong.........Thanks .....Robert

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 20:15

as long as you are both in sector you can deploy a station anywhere in the sector regardless of distance (well, you do have to place mines on asteroids). there should be a comms option to have him deploy the station.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 20:17

Yeah don't try to bring the TL ship near the asteroid, it will have trouble navigating around asteroids and stations. Just as soon as it enters the sector where you want the station, tell it to build it, and the map will open up and you can choose the asteroid. Even if it's on the other side of the sector, doesn't matter.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 20:19

Comm the captain and choose 'drop my freight here'. It will lead you through exactly where you mean by 'here'.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”