TC: Fixing Yaki Rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

soladept
x4

TC: Fixing Yaki Rep

Post by soladept » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 03:51

I did the Terran Defender start, and I havent killed a single yaki ship, but according to the script editor I am sitting around -10000 with the Yaki, and Im lost as to how I can mend this. Their Shipyard is blue, but wont let me dock or offer missions, and I almost never see Yaki in the other sectors and the few that I have vanish too fast for me to pick up their mission.

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 05:34

some people have suggested blowing up pirate stations until one spawns in yaki space, then doing missions from that.
Last edited by dubnium on Tue, 1. Oct 13, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 05:56

That doesnt help me because Loose Ends is in AP, not TC, and I just finished getting neutral with the Pirates, I dont know if im ready to get them mad again yet.

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 06:26

oops, didn't notice that.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 06:45

Set up a space fuel/weed complex in Savage Spur.

They'll soon be your best friends.

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 08:19

As far as I know, the Yaki have no traders so any rep that you would gain from that requires you to be able to dock at one of their stations.

You can always lure other race ships into their space using the hub and then kill 'em. On a smaller scale, if you send a stolen ship to Yaki space from a return ship mission you can kill the police for a small rep gain.

thelastslaith

Post by thelastslaith » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 08:58

I personally brought every TL I could hire into Yaki space. At this point they start to deploy fighters. I killed these and it transfered a small amount of rep each time. (and since it was from a variety of races there wasn't a huge drop). This probly won't be enough but its a start.

Quick fix would be to kill one or more of these TLs and take the rep hit with a race your more able to improve relations with.
TLS

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 19:40

They don't have traders as such but with a single chance to get docking access you get to sell them loads of it and as I loathe Pirates when they start hassling the fuel distillery I invariably go for them even into Yaki space.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 20:42

Look for Yaki ships in other sectors offering missions. They generally want you to blow up a convoy belonging to some random race. A few of these missions and your Yaki rep should allow you to dock at their stations and get missions from them.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

thelastslaith

Post by thelastslaith » Tue, 1. Oct 13, 23:35

To add to nanooks point. These will often just jump out when you enter a sector. You can get around this by jumping into small sectors where you enter with them within comms range so you can comm and accept before they jump.
TLS

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 00:08

I found 3 Pirate M3s running around Ocracokes, shot them up and now the Yaki let me comm them for neutral.

Shipyard still wont let me dock, script editor has me at -9500 or so.

Hm, i wish finding yaki scouts for convoy missions wasnt so hard.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 00:52

One method is a combination of the above.

Build a station or complex that sells and buys products from other races.
Put plenty of credits in there to buy from other races.

The other races will eventually come to trade.. if the sell to you ,fine, Just destroy them before they jump out.
If they buy from you, destroy them and salvage the dropped goods for extra returns.

Or just ignore if they want to sell or buy, and destroy them before the Yaki get a chance.

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 00:56

TTD wrote:One method is a combination of the above.

Build a station or complex that sells and buys products from other races.
Put plenty of credits in there to buy from other races.

The other races will eventually come to trade.. if the sell to you ,fine, Just destroy them before they jump out.
If they buy from you, destroy them and salvage the dropped goods for extra returns.

Or just ignore if they want to sell or buy, and destroy them before the Yaki get a chance.
you clever devil.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 02:09

thelastslaith wrote:To add to nanooks point. These will often just jump out when you enter a sector. You can get around this by jumping into small sectors where you enter with them within comms range so you can comm and accept before they jump.
Unless their timer is running out, you can usually approach within comm distance (just don't get too close) and talk to them, providing you don't target them first. You need to do this from the sector map, since you can't talk to them without targeting otherwise.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

soladept
x4

Post by soladept » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 06:01

Well, as it turns out, those pirate kills were a great benifet since I was able to peace with the Yaki, their scouts out in Commonwealth space were neutral too, so I didn't see them flee quickly and with two missions, a normal/easyishone and a hard one that paid over 3 mil pushed me up to docking/station missions, now I have station planting on my agenda :)

I found my two missions in argon space, funnly enough, I spent close to a good hour jumping around random border sectors.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 12:31

Yea looking for missions will make you do that :P
But in the end, it's all worth it (usually)

thelastslaith

Post by thelastslaith » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 12:46

was worth it for me with my newly equipped tiger. I never knew K's were so easy to kill lol
TLS

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 14:25

I got in with the Yaki by building Pirate rep. Did some station-builds for the pirates, then dropped into Weaver's T and managed to pick up a transportation or goods delivery mission and built my Yaki rep from there.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”