Dons Daughter Teladi Gain Pleasure Complex issue

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

greeny1321

Dons Daughter Teladi Gain Pleasure Complex issue

Post by greeny1321 » Fri, 4. Oct 13, 21:55

So, I never really managed to get the game to stop crashing here and there for no apparent reason (on a fresh install of linux, windows xp or windows 7 - nothing wrong with my pc, all other games including a fair amount that work my pc harder have zero issues) but with salvage insurance and a spoonful of patience I can live with that. I decided to continue along with the story, got to the mission where I need to rescue the dons daughter and all I get is the cutscene showing me the mines I need to shoot but no mines appear. I have gone back to various save games and every single one I get the same result when I try the mission.

Seen other threads on here suggesting I approach from the west gate, tried that, same thing no mines appear. I also read that Yaki ships should appear but they just dock at the complex. Starting to get frustrated with this now, I just want to paly the game, not spend a week troubleshooting. How does a game get to version 2.5 and still have game breaking bugs? Good job egosoft.

Anything I can do to bypass the mission?

P.S I know what the mines look like, I am not imagining/ not getting close enough. they just are not there.

greeny1321

Post by greeny1321 » Sun, 6. Oct 13, 14:18

Technical support at its very best, again, good job egosoft, I shall repay you by never giving you my hard earned cash again. If the tech support ignored my original post due to me not exactly being nice about it I do appologise its just that I dont think its unreasonable to pay for something and expect it to work, especially when it has already at the time of purchase been patched to version 2.5. But no I dont get a nice fully patched up experience the game randomly crashes sometimes every 5 minutes sometimes every hour and this will be the second time in as many weeks that its looking like I have to restart my game cos one of the story missions is bugged to death beyond my control.

GOOD JOB EGOSOFT

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 6. Oct 13, 20:48

First things first, you posted late on a Friday evening (European time) and it's now Sunday evening. Funnily enough over the weekend nobody has been around to see your post, and the only reason you're getting an answer now rather than tomorrow morning is because I happened to look at the forum in my own time.

Second, you posted about a problem but you didn't provide most of the information requested in the very first thread in this forum. Without that information it's often hard to help, particularly with problems such as crashes which invariably require a [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] report.

Finally, you are playing a game which thousands of other people have played and successfully completed, so while it is perfectly possible that you have encountered a problem, the game cannot be quite as utterly broken as you claim. Something has clearly gone wrong for you and we need to work out what it is.

So, how about we start again, with you providing us with the necessary information, and then we try to find solutions to your problems (most likely during office hours, or thereabouts)?

greeny1321

Post by greeny1321 » Sun, 6. Oct 13, 21:14

Funny how you have been answering someone elses thread all weekend, but not mine. The game has gone wrong on me not only on one installation but on a fresh install of windows 7 a fresh install of windows xp and a fresh install of ubuntu, nothing else on my pc has a problem, its a brand new fairly high end gaming pc. And it hasn't been jsut one problem, I solved the problem of the codec making the game crash when I scroll through targets, to get stuck by the bug of infinately spawning pirates in part of the bala gi missions which left me with little choice but starting over and now yet another main story mission is bugged, I have lost count of how many fresh installs of both OS and game I have done so yes clearly something is broken and if it is my pc why does every other game ( I have 131 in my steam library) run just fine. Simple deduction would suggest that the game is at fault.

What others have managed to do is little concern of mine, I didn't buy thier game I bought mine. I can post the dxdiag report I'll do it tomorrow when I am on my main pc but dont expect to see much other than a base xp install with all the latest drivers and no additional codecs since all it has on it is firefox steam and x3 reunion.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”