Who buys recon drones?????

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

davebispham
x3

Who buys recon drones?????

Post by davebispham » Mon, 7. Oct 13, 21:49

Hi all. i have gone and bought a whole bunch of recon drones as they were going cheap and i thought i could make a nice profit on them, unfortunately i cant find a station that will buy them from me and im stuck with the things. does anyone know where i can get rid of them?????

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Mon, 7. Oct 13, 21:57

Only place that may have space to buy is Atreus Headquarters over in Queen's Harbor. But they don't have unlimited amount of space, and nothing uses them, so once they're full... it'll probably stay full.

I have no idea what recon droids are used for either... In Reunion you needed a few for plot missions, where they'd basically turn into a player ship.

MKII's have no buyers either... but they are useful for your own ship(s).

davebispham
x3

Post by davebispham » Mon, 7. Oct 13, 22:02

ok thanks, seems a bit daft that egosoft would create a trade good you cant actually trade. hmmm :?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 7. Oct 13, 22:05

I think recon drones were initially going to have a purpose, but for some reason Egosoft didn't implement them. They'd serve the same purpose as M5's equipped with Patrol Command software, I presume, but as they stand, they're a rather worthless extra ware.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

thelastslaith

Post by thelastslaith » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 00:13

Atreus headquaters does gradually lose them somehow.

I know this because I somehow messed up and ended up buying a fab. And for the record this is the least profitable fab ever while it needs a ship to sell the dumb things.
TLS

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 00:21

Drones - No use at all.

I prefer Kestrels or Rapiers as my principal Recon birds.

Heck, how about using a Freight drone carrying satellites, anyone had a result from that yet....
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 00:27

In TC, the only thing you can do with them is sell then at Atraeus HQ, as has already been mentioned.

In AP, they're super handy if you're lazy about exploring, since they'll quickly map any sector you send them to and they're cheep enough to be disposable.

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 00:31

The drones are basically like Fighter drones, just with the Explorer comand software installed you can release them from the freight menu and then order them to map a sector. It is useful if you sit in a M6 and want to map out a sector fast, but don't want to call in a M5 or want to check out if there are enemys in a sector like a bunch of xenon staying in front of a gate.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 13. Oct 13, 16:07

They do exactly what their name suggests:
Recon.

The advantage of Recon drones against M5s is that you have no worries of losing it. No reloads when it dies, and its cheap.

Send it through a gate to find out whats behind it.
Or when you see enemy capship in distance, send a recon drone to reveal it for you. Then you can target that hostile ship & fire missiles OR send your own ships to destroy it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”