Container size on Boron Pike

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Phreak00

Container size on Boron Pike

Post by Phreak00 » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 15:49

Following all the information on Rebirth made me want to give X3 another go so I installed it together with Albion Prelude. Started of as a Humble Merchant and saved up to buy a fighter. I ended up with a Boron Pike M from Kingdom End.

Everything well and fine, until I decided I needed shielding better than the 5MJ. Here is my surprise: I can't buy the 25MJ shields because my container size is S. According to the wiki and the in-game encyclopedia the Pike should be able to fit the medium shield.

Am I doing something wrong and how can I fix this?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 16:02

Also according to the wiki, the cargo class is L, not S

So you probably got it modded somehow

Phreak00

Post by Phreak00 » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 16:08

Yeah, that's the problem. The container class shows S in-game where it should be L.

I doubt it's modded since I haven't changed anything to any game files, but how can I be sure?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 16:13

If you didn't change anything, I don't see how it could be modded.
Try varifying the cache integrity.
Steam game list -> rightclick game -> Local files -> Varify integrity of gamecache

If you have modded your game, it will also list as modded if you go to your stats (showing money and relationships.) All the way at the bottom

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 16:28

Are you sure you bought a Pike and not an Octopus. It's very easy to accidentally select a line that you did not mean to select.

Anyway, 1 25mj shield is not going to keep you alive if you get overrun, you need at least 3 of them. NOt to mention the laser the Pike can carry are pretty useless.

At 210m/s you can get away with 2 25's, which equals a Split Mamba. Plus pairing it with 6 Energy Bolt chain guns, and you got yourself a ship that can kill ships long before they can swarm you.

For furballs you really need a M6 with it's 200MJ shields.... preferably 4+ of them and a speed greater than 120m/s

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 19:26

I get by with a Spring blossom and a lot of spectres. only 600mj of shielding but mamls are great.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 8. Oct 13, 20:01

Well at 360m/s, M6 Springs are basically M5's on steroids. You are limited on your weapon choices, though. It's a lot like... you can have any color you want, as long as it's black.

Personally, I spend more time in a TP than anything else. Usually an Iguana Vanguard, but also Boron Angel due to the XL cargo with it able to carry and drop laser towers and it's bigger cargo hold in general. It's easier to complete passenger missions in this game than anything else. And with a high enough trade rank you earn millions for simple station to station transports.

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 00:34

It sounds like you got an octopus by mistake, which is just about the worst m5 in the game....

Dont listen to Threesixtyci and Shaun Bergin, the Pike is a nice M4 and is a great upgrade from an M5. With only a single 25MJ shield it still outclasses most other M4s and is a good platform to use to capture an M3 upgrade.

The container class should be L in X3TC and M in X3AP. The weapon loadouts changed between the games too, with IRE, PAC or ID in X3TC vs HEPT, EBC, PRG in X3AP. In TC I'd go with an ID, PAC mix and swap between the two. In X3AP EBC's are ideal - but may be difficult to find straight off. PRGs and HEPTs are both nice too, PRGs are a little more versatile for a M4 imo.

Phreak00

Post by Phreak00 » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 10:17

Thanks Masochisto for being on topic!

I've made a screenshot ingame showing the ship I've bought (Pike (M4)) and it's details according to the game. Image

How can I get a Pike with container class M? The game is Albion Prelude with Update 3 so Albion Prelude 2.0.

Phreak00

Post by Phreak00 » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 10:58

For future reference and others with this issue: I've just updated my game to Albion Prelude 3.0 and this has solved the issue.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 11:00

The only thing I can think of is maybe it was initially S but they increased it in a patch. Are you running the latest version?

Phreak00

Post by Phreak00 » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 11:31

I am now and that solved the problem. Must have been somewhere in a patch (2.0 or 2.5 maybe) that messed it up. I didn't find any reference to the small container class anywhere on the web.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 13:57

Phreak00 wrote:For future reference and others with this issue: I've just updated my game to Albion Prelude 3.0 and this has solved the issue.
Well I'm glad it's fixd. Still a mystery on what the problem was though.
Try to always keep up to date on upgrades I guess

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 16:17

Sirrobert wrote:
Phreak00 wrote:For future reference and others with this issue: I've just updated my game to Albion Prelude 3.0 and this has solved the issue.
Well I'm glad it's fixd. Still a mystery on what the problem was though.
Try to always keep up to date on upgrades I guess
I'd forgotten about this until you mentioned it, but this was one of the problems from the initial AP release.

It was fixed in AP patch 1.1:
- Fixed Pike so that it can now carry shields it can fit

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”