differences in scripting between x2 the threat and x3 reunion

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fourier
x3ap

differences in scripting between x2 the threat and x3 reunion

Post by fourier » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 09:20

Hi forum members,

i 've tried the search function to find an answer to my subject; to no avail. So hopefully some forum members can provide input to this. Any links, pointers, documents are highly appreciated.

I've finished X2 the threat and started now X3 Reunion. While playing X2 i've written many (!) scripts, which made life easier in X2. I want to use them also in X3. I expect some work to be done to adapt the scripts to X3 and at this occasion plan to cleanup and review my programming work ... which leads to my question:
Is there any document, page or whatever explaining and documenting the differences in scripting between X2 and X3 wrt: new commands, new statements, changes, new features, dropped features, changes in syntax, changes in methodology ... ?
Also one special question: is floating point numbers support now implemented in X3 ?

Thanks for your support in advance.

Regards.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sat, 30. Nov 13, 21:41

X3 reunion is pretty much dead lol. just play the campiagn an jump straight to Terran conflict and albion prelude. thats where the awesomeness is :P

changes, nothing much was really dropped.. just the cockpit but thats easy to find mods for that. you can join Stations by tubes instead of vulnerable transporters and make them fully self sustainable. better graphics, physics, cornier storyline, uhmmm. oh for X3 terran conflict the Mission thing got redone an stuff.. Weapons are more Racial spacific in Terran conflict i think. been playing XRM alot latley so i forget whats actually diffrent :P

just play X3 terran conflict! its better!

then get X rebirth a few months from now, cuase tat will eventually become awesome! :P

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 13:52

X3 reunion dead??? not at all...going to do my first playthrough soon :)

Reunion have become very stable and there is so many great mods out there like XTM that add a lot to the game.

Also X3 TC is built on the same engine as X3 R and the graphic is are similar in many aspects, but some 3d models is improved in X3 tc.

About X3 to X3 script difference
Im not sure but this but I think the way of scripting is done is very much the same in x2 as in x3. But the files haven changed from x2 to x3 so I dont think any x2 mods will work in x3.

Anyway, there should be some answers in this part of the forum:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=96337

fourier
x3ap

Post by fourier » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 09:09

Hi Nick 031287, hi xxx73,

thanks for your replies.

@Nick 031287: can't think of any reason to get into hurry. TC and AP are on my desk waiting for their time to get played and the time will be when Reunion is finished. Rebirth is no option as long as it is in alpha test for bleeding edge gamers and as long as there is no steam unlock.

@xxx73: Most of my X2 scripts were running as is on X3. The provided link gives some good information but not much for converters X2->X3. Best resource for converters i found is the MSCI reference forum. Unfortunately they do not tag the commands wrt the script engine version they were introduced in.

Best regards.

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 16:26

ok, I can only find a converter for x2 possessions to x3 game but no idea if it us updated or working and you probably know about it already...
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=172536
but as said, this is not my strong area..so good luck :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”