Marines and Boarding (AP)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

stavros
x4

Marines and Boarding (AP)

Post by stavros » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 14:42

I've just come to board my first vessel in AP but i sent out too many marines. Do the excess marines automatically come back to you or do they fly off to other stations??
He who fires the first shot, admits he has lost the argument

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 15:06

They will fly to stations to avoid running out of oxygen if you don't pick them up. You should collect them.

Sometimes enemy marines will flee from the ship you are boarding and float in space too - you can pick them up and conscript them into your team.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 15:07

Pick them up asap. Not sure if you can recover them once they are docked at a station.

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 18:47

If you stop your vessel close by the floating marines and there is space inside for them, they will fly to you by themselves and back to their sweet home.
I think that the limit is 21 marines for a 5 level vessel, I don't know about smaller.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 9. Oct 13, 18:50

As Erqco said, they will return to their original ship as long as it stays in the same sector.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

celem
x3ap

Post by celem » Sat, 12. Oct 13, 13:27

You often want to grab them quickly, if the ship being boarded still has its weaponry they will target and kill the marines even while their comrades fight to the core. Not such a problem for men launched from an M6 which will be close but something to remember when moving to an M7M

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Sat, 12. Oct 13, 21:39

celem wrote:You often want to grab them quickly, if the ship being boarded still has its weaponry they will target and kill the marines even while their comrades fight to the core. Not such a problem for men launched from an M6 which will be close but something to remember when moving to an M7M
I believe that this only applies if the race of the marine is hostile to the race of the target. Terrans shot at Argons, not at Teladi. Pirates shoot at everyone. Stuff like that.

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Sat, 12. Oct 13, 22:57

Manks wrote:
celem wrote:You often want to grab them quickly, if the ship being boarded still has its weaponry they will target and kill the marines even while their comrades fight to the core. Not such a problem for men launched from an M6 which will be close but something to remember when moving to an M7M
I believe that this only applies if the race of the marine is hostile to the race of the target. Terrans shot at Argons, not at Teladi. Pirates shoot at everyone. Stuff like that.
You will see that when you are capping a vessel it is not happy with you, it will be red, dark red.

Doesn't matter at all the race, or if they are Yaki , pirates or Xenon it will shot to the marines that are floating around like pretty balloons.

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Sun, 13. Oct 13, 08:38

Yaki, pirates, and Xenon are hostile to every race that fields marines. My point still stands with regards to the other races. I've circled a Nemesis with marines in the air for over 5 minutes and not a single shot was aimed at the marines, but trying the same against a Katana with Argons in the crew is a sure-fire way of losing them.

Erqco
x4

Post by Erqco » Sun, 13. Oct 13, 15:35

You could be OK... I never took that in consideration and I though that they blow up mi marines because they where trying to cap the vessel.

I will look at it carefully, because I have marines trained of every race possible. This can take one problem out of the equation.

celem
x3ap

Post by celem » Sun, 13. Oct 13, 16:05

Indeed, never noticed racial influence there, but likely since I have a specific foe I habitually cap and marines all of 1 race.

Good info, cheers

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”