TLaser and TFactories, help[s] is/are required...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Schultski

TLaser and TFactories, help[s] is/are required...

Post by Schultski » Thu, 10. Oct 13, 22:29

[=] About 'TLaser' file,
* What have been done before:
1. I edit TLaser, and add a new uber weapon, which is just a single copy-paste of the standard Point Singularity Projector, with a bit extra flavors added in [double firepower, speed, range].
This is for a test ONLY!

2. Went in to test the new weapon, loaded up new game, add a complete all-sides set of the new uber weapon to an ATF Tyr, jumped to Xenon Core 023, and left alone to test some OOS combat.

3. After it got close to a Xenon J supported by 2 Xenon K, along with 3 sets of L fighter wings, it loses itself with only destroying 1 K and just 10 Ls.

4. Tested again, this time is IS, and the Tyr with the new weapons completely obliterate the entire sector in just minutes.

* Question[s]:
How to edit this, or is there any tutorials about this OOS?
Or, should I rang up the new uber weapon up to triple or quadrupple times of the standard PSP to get the required 'uber weapon'?

[=] About 'TFactories' file,
* What have been done before:
1. I edit TFactories, and add a new uber station, which is just a single copy-paste of the standard PSP Forge, with a bit extra flavors added in [double shield recharge, lower volume].
This is for a test ONLY!

2. Went in to test the new station, loaded up new game, cheated in Terran TL, add the new station, build up the station.

3. Went in to check inside, got nothing to produce other than Delexian Wheat and only Energy Cell is required. Cheated on the new station, removing Delexian Wheat, adds new production of the standard PSP and the new uber weapon, along with the required Terran MRE, and Ore.

4. Went to other Terran sectors along with the TL, build the same station again, and it has the same production of Delexian Wheat with Energy Cell as resource.

* Question[s]:
How to edit this?
I want the new station to have similar capabilities as Commonwealth's production complex that manufactures multiple weapons with the standard required wares as resources.

Any repliy[ies] is/are appreciated...

Sincerely,
Schultski Rheindland
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

Sotanaht
x3ap

Post by Sotanaht » Fri, 11. Oct 13, 03:37

That's probably just the way OOS combat works. I would theorize that even if the new weapon were 100x as powerful, you would still get about the same performance from a solo Tyr. You might do better if the Tyr knocks out some heavier firepower sooner but it will still probably die.

The reason, if I understand correctly, is that no matter how much overkill the Tyr scores, it can only attack and kill one target per tern. After about 11 turns (probably more like 14, I doubt the K died in one) the remaining targets do more than enough damage to kill the tyr.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”