Capital carrier

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rdtcmtt

Capital carrier

Post by Rdtcmtt » Fri, 11. Oct 13, 15:57

Hello folks I'm wondering why a ship I dint own decided to land on my carrier,I have two of my own on board , but a ship I don't own decided to land on my capital ship , the ship is not a enemy .

It has happened a couple of times , is there harm in letting unknown ships land on your ship.

Can I tell them to leave.

Oh and while I'm hear asking another question how do you know much room you have on board , when you want too take on a mission and say they want delivered 16x of meat steaks, how do I determine how much space that needs.
Is there a chart I can go by to see if I have the room.
16x , 28x, 40x , what does that mean , I know that certain items have differant sizes and weight per unit.

Thanks..........Robert

Thanks......Robert

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 11. Oct 13, 16:32

Two sector patrol Argon Busters once docked in my Magnetar...
I forced them to leave by jumping into a xenon sector, and I let the Xenons hit my ship. The police then leaved my Magnetar and attacked the Xenon.

For those trading missions, I suggest to check out the encyclopedia, which you will find in-game. There you can see how much cargo space will goods need per one piece.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 11. Oct 13, 17:00

Also, 16x meat steaks just mean they want 16 units of meat steaks. The number indicate how many units they want, that's all.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Fri, 11. Oct 13, 17:05

Did you buy your carrier, or did you capture it? Sometimes ships assigned to follow or protect a carrier will continue landing on it after the player has captured it. If you take the carrier into battle it will defend it and sometimes get itself killed. If you jump your carrier away while it is disembarked to can ditch it.

You can check the in-game encyclopedia for the size of various wares. There is also a handy vanilla safe mod that will modify the mission text to explicitly state it.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 11. Oct 13, 17:09

Looking up the ware in the in-game encyclopedia should tell you the cargo size and volume of the ware.

The blindspot for this is with quest-only ware (ex: Luxury Foodstuffs) -- they wont show up in your encyclopedia until you've "seen" one in game, so you need to look u their size and volume on an external site if you want to anticipate the cargo need for the mission.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Fri, 11. Oct 13, 18:12

Only time I've seen something like that happen is if they are part of a story plot that I left unfinished and went off to do something else.

For example in the Terran plot where you patrol those Terran sectors for Xenon Activity.... I had those Talking Terran ships dock in my TM. Can't remember when they finally left it. Think they just jumped out when I finally finished the mission.

Rdtcmtt

Post by Rdtcmtt » Sat, 12. Oct 13, 02:17

Thanks for the reply , the ship is paid for in full, and I was just wondering about that, I also own a police license in Aragon space.

That may be another reason for the friendly landing.

As far 16, x ,24x all that means is a single unit , so if that is true that means that one ore batch with the size of 8 will take up 8 units.
So that means with a cargo space say 3000 , does that mean that I can only load about 375 batches of ore.

Thanks.........Robert

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 12. Oct 13, 03:21

Rdtcmtt wrote:So that means with a cargo space say 3000 , does that mean that I can only load about 375 batches of ore.

Thanks.........Robert
That's correct.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 14. Oct 13, 21:04

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=322255
That is the mod you need to help with the cargo stuf.
It'll tell you how much cargo space 1 unit of whatever it is the mission needs you to pick up needs.

So if you need to pick up 100 units, and they each need 2 cargo space, you need 200 slots

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 15. Oct 13, 13:57

Yeah, the two terran guys are the only ones I can think of off hand, but they definitely dock and then won't leave until the mission is complete. Which is kind of annoying.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”