[X3-AP] Marines deployed by NPC ships?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Troubleshooter11
x4

[X3-AP] Marines deployed by NPC ships?

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sat, 12. Oct 13, 00:20

Now, i recently passed the 30 year age mark, so it might be that my eyesight is starting to go bad, and i did drink a few beers tonight, but i swear i saw about 10 Argon marines being deployed by a Rapid Response Minotaur. This happened during a mid-sized engagement in the Treasure Chest sector.

I thought it was a bit odd that i heard the boarding action / hull cutting combat music shortly after entering the sector but now i realize that this music must have been triggered by the marines being launched by the Minotaur at some Terran ship that apparently got blown up before they reached the hull.

NPC boarding actions in vanilla X3-AP? Is that even possible? Have i gone mad?

EDIT: For those concerned about the fate of the Argon marines: The Minotaur just left the sector while a dozen marines were screaming in their headsets "Oi! WAIT FOR ME!" while jetting across the sector trying to catch up with their mothership.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Sat, 12. Oct 13, 01:37

I hope you at least scooped em up so as not to let them go to waste.

In any case, I think this was a random chance encounter, rather than the NPCs actively trying to capture a ship. The Minotaur happened to spawn with Marines aboard, as ships do to prevent player boarding ops. It also happened to have Boarding Pods aboard, as M7Ms sometimes do. Things just... happened.

That's how I would explain it anyway

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 12. Oct 13, 02:34

That was NPC boarding. It finally happens in AP - they can even take your ship with you on board :)

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sat, 12. Oct 13, 12:29

jkjklkl wrote:I hope you at least scooped em up so as not to let them go to waste.

In any case, I think this was a random chance encounter, rather than the NPCs actively trying to capture a ship. The Minotaur happened to spawn with Marines aboard, as ships do to prevent player boarding ops. It also happened to have Boarding Pods aboard, as M7Ms sometimes do. Things just... happened.

That's how I would explain it anyway
That that was pretty much my reasoning as well after i posted that. And sadly, i was only in my starter Nova Prototype so i could not scoop the poor fellas up.

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Sun, 13. Oct 13, 09:15

This has been kicked around a few times as a way to deal with RRF M7Ms. For example, see xfa's post in this thread.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”