XU Forum Quest - Round 42 (Now includes results, final rankings and Winners)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

XU Forum Quest - Round 42 (Now includes results, final rankings and Winners)

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 13. Oct 13, 16:29

Hello, Community!

Welcome to the X-Universe Forum Quest, let us introduce this little project.

We would like to offer you a competition while you wait for X Rebirth to be released and thus play X3: Terran Conflict probably for the 1000th time. We're quite sure that you know the universe you're playing in by now and so we have come up with some riddles for you to solve. Your knowledge of the sectors, ships, stations as well as the history of X will be put to the test in this competition.

This competition is not just to pass the time until X Rebirth is released. We have great prizes for the winners and for one "Lucky Loser". So be sure to take part. Even if you don't win, you might be the lucky one that gets the special prize. Ensure that you read the rules below. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We look forward to seeing how much you know about the X universe.

Rules:
  • All registered users of the EGOSOFT forums are permitted to participate with the exception of EGOSOFT staff members, administrators and members of the XU Forum Quest group.
  • Answers are only considered valid if submitted via email to [no more mails please] including your forum nick. Note that you should inform us if you change your nick, otherwise you risk losing your score.
  • Please use XU Forum Quest Round x (where x is the number of the current round) as the subject for your email entry.
  • If multiple entries are submitted by the same user then only the first one received will be considered valid.
  • If multiple users share the same score, those who have participated in more rounds will be ranked higher. Should both scores be the same, then the users will share the same rank.
  • If any user posts a solution to a question (right or wrong) in the forum, they may be excluded from that round and the answer will be removed.
  • A 'Lucky Loser' is to be randomly selected from the users that have participated in at least 42% of the rounds and who is not ranked among the top three users.
Prizes:
  • The winner receives a signed copy of X Rebirth, a Steam X-Superbox and a poster
  • 2nd place gets a steam copy of both X Rebirth and X-Superbox
  • 3rd place gets a Steam copy of X Rebirth
  • The Lucky Loser will also receive a steam copy of X Rebirth
Standings: Image

XU Forum Quest Round 42
  • Time limit for round: 28 October 2013 - 24:00 CET
    Note: Participation will earn you 1 point and additional points for answering questions correctly.

Quest video
(click on thumbnail to start)
  • Question 1
    • Name the sectors visited.
      1 Point per correct answer, -1 point per wrong one (no negative total)

Question 2
    • Some things dont belong in TC, can you tell which?
      2 Points per correct answer

Question 3
    • What is the hidden bonus common to all starts in the first sector in the video?
      Right answer grants 2 points

We wish you all the best of luck for this last round and hope for wide participation.

- The X-Universe Forum Quest Group

Email Template

Email to: [no more mails please]
Subject: XU Forum Quest Round x

Nickname: {insert here your forum user name}
Answer to Question 1: {insert your answer here}
Answer to Question 2: {insert your answer here}
Answer to Question 3: {insert your answer here}
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 29. Oct 13, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

eliseeff
x4

Post by eliseeff » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 16:59

I guess, you must specify the maximum number of points that can be obtained in this round.

Search for black cat in a dark room may to be easy. But if at least the number of cats is unknown - it looks like a mockery.

I found the answer to question number 2, but it can be not the only one possible.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 17:26

No hints to how many possible black cats in the dark room, sorry.

MFG

Ketraar

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 23:57

It is possible to pass on some sectors in question 1 or will missing answers count as wrong?
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 01:26

Only mentioned ones count. So no, missing does not count as wrong.

MFG

Ketraar

Lwerewolf
x4

Post by Lwerewolf » Tue, 29. Oct 13, 14:58

Time's up I guess :)

What I found:

Question 1:
Sector 1: Treasure chest via Black Hole Sun
Sector 2: Omicron Lyrae via Nyana's Hideout
Sector 3: Nyana's Hideout via Omicron Lyrae
Sector 4: Acquisition Repository via Spaceweed Groove
Sector 5: New Income via Unknown Sector (Avarice)
Sector 6: Unknown Sector (Avarice) via New Income

Question 2:
-Argon Stock Exchange when undocking with trade station at nyana's hideout, there's stock exchange graphs on the left

Question 3: Buster Sentinel

Hope I didn't miss something ^^

eliseeff
x4

Post by eliseeff » Tue, 29. Oct 13, 15:38

Soundtrack is 08700.mp3. It's an AP 3.0 track.

Also, why so different contours of a player ship at ~02:43 - 02:45?

http://s017.radikal.ru/i420/1310/6d/194b15c59540.gif

Edit: img-tags removed. Please note forum rules on posting images: Images posted should not exceed 640 x 480 and 100kb in size. X2-Illuminatus

Thanks! Sorry.

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Tue, 29. Oct 13, 16:27

eliseeff wrote:Soundtrack is 08700.mp3. It's an AP 3.0 track.

Also, why so different contours of a player ship at ~02:43 - 02:45?

http://s017.radikal.ru/i420/1310/6d/194b15c59540.gif

Edit: img-tags removed. Please note forum rules on posting images: Images posted should not exceed 640 x 480 and 100kb in size. X2-Illuminatus

Thanks! Sorry.
I also noticed the non-TC soundtrack, but I didn't send it as I thought it was not "part of the question" because it was played "continuously", over more sectors, so I thought it was counted only as a video music, not a sector music as in the game. I know, that's a strange reason :D

eliseeff
x4

Post by eliseeff » Tue, 29. Oct 13, 16:53

Juggernaut93 wrote:... it was not "part of the question"...
Why?
Alan Phipps wrote:Question 2
  • Some things dont belong in TC, can you tell which?
    2 Points per correct answer
There is no question about objects, stations, ships or other something specific. What is the question, so is the answer.

"Some things" is so some things... :wink:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 29. Oct 13, 18:02

The last XUFQ Round is over. Time now to reveal the results of that round and the final standings in the overall competition.

Round 42 Correct Answers
  • Q1. Sectors visited: Treasure Chest, Omicron Lyrae, Nyana's Hideout, Acquisition Repository, New Income, Unknown Sector ( 8/8 ).

Q2. 2 Deliberate Errors: Stock Exchange station from X3AP in Nyana's Hideout, and Sector Soundtrack 08700.mp3 from X3AP used as background music for the video.

Q3. The Buster Sentinel abandoned ship in Treasure Chest.
End of Competition Rankings.
  • The final rankings are given here.
Top 3 Placed Winners
  • 1st Place Tie (433 points) forloren and white-bestiya
    3rd Place (426 points) Black Eagleeye

The 1st place tie holders will both get the top prize and a Winner's banner on their Egosoft Account posts.

The 3rd place holder will be upgraded to receive the 2nd place prize.

The top 3 placed winners deserve our hearty congratulations for mastering so many of our devious and time-consuming questions! The winners will be contacted this week by the XUFQ Team to make any prize arrangements.
Lucky Loser
  • A Lucky Loser will be chosen this week and will receive the designated prize. The actual selection process will be shown in a video to show fair play. Those marked with an asterisk * in the final rankings list will be eligible and entered for selection.
The XUFQ Team hopes that all who took part enjoyed this competition and found some fun and entertainment in taking part. We wish all those eligible the very best of luck in the Lucky Loser selection yet to take place.

Thank you all and Goodbye and Best Wishes from the XUFQ Team.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 29. Oct 13, 19:45

eliseeff wrote:Why?
Because it was obviously not part of the capture from the game (because it doesn't change on sector switch) and was added in the editing process. So if you're going to apply that logic then all the video transitions and the final screen should be counted as well, they're in the video yet are never seen in X3TC.

Indeed if you were feeling particularly silly, you could even argue that the video being available in low resolutions is something that doesn't belong, X3TC will only run at a certain minimum resolution (1366x768?) so clearly any footage below that must have been modified! :P

Congratulations to the winners, entering every round for two and a half years is quite a feat in itself. Now go and have a holiday :D

Fingers crossed for the upcoming prize draw.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

eliseeff
x4

Post by eliseeff » Tue, 29. Oct 13, 20:04

NeverSnake wrote:
Because bla bla bla
Alan Phipps wrote:Q2. 2 Deliberate Errors: Stock Exchange station from X3AP in Nyana's Hideout, and Sector Soundtrack 08700.mp3 from X3AP used as background music for the video.
:lol:

Lwerewolf
x4

Post by Lwerewolf » Wed, 30. Oct 13, 01:33

eliseeff wrote:
NeverSnake wrote:
Because bla bla bla
Alan Phipps wrote:Q2. 2 Deliberate Errors: Stock Exchange station from X3AP in Nyana's Hideout, and Sector Soundtrack 08700.mp3 from X3AP used as background music for the video.
?

Anyways, could not find this track in the TC folder either, so I guess I should've mentioned that as well ^_^. Wouldn't have changed much anyways.

Gratz to the winners for sticking with the rounds for as long as they have :)

forloren
Winner X3TC Forum Quest
x4

Post by forloren » Wed, 30. Oct 13, 03:47

eliseeff wrote:
NeverSnake wrote:
Because bla bla bla
I didn't put down the music either, I just took it as part of the video production in order to hide the real sector music :o I guess that means it doesn't belong, DOH!

But wow, finally it's over. A big Thank You to the XUFQ Crew who always kept it challenging and interesting. The coded message and puzzle piece rounds were a fun change of pace. The count and identify the ships...not so much. When this started over two years ago, I thought it would last 21 rounds at most, not 42! But that's what it took, because I think it's pretty awesome that after 42 rounds it ends in a tie. The power of 42 is apparently real.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Wed, 30. Oct 13, 11:39

Congrats to you.

Now it is over... did you work together with white-bestiya ?
It seems impossible to get a tie after all these challenges... :)
Right on commander !

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Wed, 30. Oct 13, 18:58

forloren wrote:I didn't put down the music either, I just took it as part of the video production in order to hide the real sector music :o I guess that means it doesn't belong, DOH!
Oh, there's someone who understands me :lol:

white-bestiya
Winner X3TC Forum Quest
x3tc

Post by white-bestiya » Thu, 31. Oct 13, 09:55

Geek wrote: did you work together with white-bestiya ?
Yes, yes, it was an evil plan. :fg:

Thank to the XUFQ Team for the rounds. Sometimes it was realy interesting. :)

pupkin13

Post by pupkin13 » Thu, 31. Oct 13, 20:51

wait... :idea:
When:
Alan Phipps wrote:The 3rd place holder will be upgraded to receive the 2nd place prize.
Why 4th place holder not upgraded to receive the 3rd place prize? :)
Teladi spit at you - you find your own way!

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Thu, 31. Oct 13, 23:16

Congratulations to the winners! And kudos to the runners up, too -- that was a long, long journey that you guys undertook to get this far.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 1. Nov 13, 00:18

pupkin13 wrote:wait... :idea:
When:
Alan Phipps wrote:The 3rd place holder will be upgraded to receive the 2nd place prize.
Why 4th place holder not upgraded to receive the 3rd place prize? :)
Because there were only 3 prizes and 3 winners, perhaps? :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”