[AP] How to set separate buy and sell price on stations?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Engy
x4

[AP] How to set separate buy and sell price on stations?

Post by Engy » Sun, 13. Oct 13, 21:37

This is not considering CLS or CAG but just for NPC traders or ST/UTs.

On PHQ (I assume it applies to gate hub, and eq docks) is the price you set the buy price or sell price or both?

How do you control the buy and sell price separately? How can I say buy energy and 12 and sell at 16?

I figured out I can set max # of items with dockware mangager script.

Thanks

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 13. Oct 13, 21:53

The only way to have separate buy and sell prices from one point is to use CLS.
Otherwise you're stuck with using two different buy/sell points.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Re: [AP] How to set separate buy and sell price on stations?

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 14. Oct 13, 00:39

Engy wrote:On PHQ (I assume it applies to gate hub, and eq docks) is the price you set the buy price or sell price or both?
It's both for all docks (including trading stations).

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 14. Oct 13, 01:34

The price you set is "both", as it's been said.

If you set energy price at 14, then it is up to your TS transport ships to find the best deals, and they will try to buy energy 12-14 (they go for the cheapest price they can find) and sell energy 14-20 (they go for the highest price sale they can find).

CLS transports are better at finding prices and coordinating between ships than the Trade Mk 2 transports. And the higher the jump range limit you have set up at the station, the better the chance of your transport ships finding the minimum / maximum (12 and 19).

If you don't use your own transports and leave the stations open to NPC trade, the deals probably won't be all that good.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”