Dukes Still borked if HQ destroyed??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

niadh
x3tc

Dukes Still borked if HQ destroyed??

Post by niadh » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 17:52

I am pretty sure i know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway.

I am playing Steam DiD at 3.2c after a considerable break and am rapidly coming to the conclusion that this game hates me.

Everything else is going absolutely perfectly so far with the exception that at 29% Dukes Buccaneer their station gets destroyed by a Paranid Strike force.

Is it still a case that when this happens the mission plot line gets kiboshed?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 18:45

If you've already started it, yes, same as the other corporations. But if you haven't started it, the station should respawn after a while and you may still get the mission start. I'm not certain of this, however.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 19:00

Rule of thumb: When you start doing missions for a corporation you want to take on the responsibility of defending their HQ.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 21:50

The dukes haven gets destroyed on a regular basis by a fleet of paranoid ships. (Edit: Sorry typo or did I really mean "Paranoid").

You have to anticipate when and where its going to happen.

Personally as I only have interest in the dukes Zeus I don' bother with his missions.

I get on average 50 mill cred for each capture so he's paying for my trading empire and hub rescources.
Last edited by Sabrina Bergin on Sat, 19. Oct 13, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.

niadh
x3tc

Damnit.

Post by niadh » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 23:07

I thought as much.

I had been running missions for Duke as quickly as possible hoping to get to level 10 before this happened.
Last time I did a DiD I got to level 8 before committing suicide by launching a fighter from a Hyperion at full speed. SPLAT!!!

But when you are about 3 hours in you just don't have the resources to prevent anything more serious than a corvette ruining your carefully laid plans.

No more mr nice guy then. I'll just have to get that medusa protoype by other means

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 02:01

Niadh:

The only way to get the medusa is to wait until Dukes has been levelled then get in there and do all his missions as fast as you can but only when you have the means to do so.
If you try the Dukes plot early game you will fail and the missions giver will be gone for good.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 02:08

shaun bergin wrote:Niadh:

The only way to get the medusa is to wait until Dukes has been levelled then get in there and do all his missions as fast as you can but only when you have the means to do so.
If you try the Dukes plot early game you will fail and the missions giver will be gone for good.
It is also possible if you have the means and the will to destroy a large fleet of Paranid on a regular basis. This is also not an early game strategy, obviously.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 02:47

Tim:

I won't tell you the number of starts it took me to learn this fact and also sadly that this persuaded me to leave dubious corporation missions till late in game when I had enough resources to do almost anything I wanted with impunity by then it was just a question of getting unique ships for the most part as trophies.

niadh
x3tc

time between attacks on Dukes HQ.

Post by niadh » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 18:58

I know that the HQ regenerates after about 1 day of game time but are there any indications of how frequently an attack force will be sent in to destroy the HQ.

Random or set periods after each regen??

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 20:48

I think an attack force is generated at regular intervals, but it is randomly targeted so there is no predicting how often they will be sent at the Duke.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”