Prototype M/AM launcher

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lexalot

Prototype M/AM launcher

Post by Lexalot » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 21:59

Hi,
I got myself a Springblossom recently and equipped it with 8 Prototype M/AM launcher in the front because I heard it would be amazing.
But I experienced some serious problems with these weapons. I can't hit anything with them. This might sound stupid but I have never experienced that with any other weapon before.
Does anybody of you have a solution for this problem?

Thx

Theburn

Post by Theburn » Sat, 19. Oct 13, 22:02

Got your target assist on?

My blossom has no problem with that same loadout. Also M/AM have rough time with fast ships, get closer to them (ya got the speed, and shields)!
Mind, heart, and body shattered. But, the will survives.

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Sun, 20. Oct 13, 00:35

In my Springies, I usually keep two PSSC up front that I can swap out for MAMLs if the need arises. Helps to swat the smaller ships without having to wait for your turrets to get the job done. I generally keep MAML for M6 and bigger.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Re: Prototype M/AM launcher

Post by Lone Jedi » Sun, 20. Oct 13, 03:23

Lexalot wrote: Does anybody of you have a solution for this problem?

Thx
Practice.

Once you get used to the timing, (P)MAMLs will be extremely accurate because of the large bullet size and decent speed. I never get lower than 90% accuracy with them, even fighting M5s.

You don't need to swap for other weapons if you have difficulties aiming fast targets in the beginning. PSSC turrets can handle them.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Lexalot

Post by Lexalot » Sun, 20. Oct 13, 04:52

my aim is always right on the circle. my problem shows when i have to fight smaller fighters. it seems as if the shots simply fly by on the left and right of the enemy ship.

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Sun, 20. Oct 13, 06:05

Lexalot wrote:my aim is always right on the circle. my problem shows when i have to fight smaller fighters. it seems as if the shots simply fly by on the left and right of the enemy ship.
That's probably because of the positioning of the main guns on the Springblossom (in the wingtips). It can be a problem if you're trying to hit something small, and is one of several reasons why I rarely use that ship.

Best advice I can give is to use the aim assist, and keep your distance in order to compensate. Doing both might improve your hit ratio a bit.

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Sun, 20. Oct 13, 13:58

I experienced the total opposite. If you go closer with aim assist on, the mainguns will shoot in a right degree to shoot down even small ships, and if the target moves out, the bullets' spread will still reach it. But if you are far, the assist puts the guns in the place where the target actually is, but if it moves or changes its speed even a little bit only, your guns have a slightly big chance to miss.
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Sun, 20. Oct 13, 22:11

Lexalot wrote:my aim is always right on the circle. my problem shows when i have to fight smaller fighters. it seems as if the shots simply fly by on the left and right of the enemy ship.
Use boresight fire + aim assist.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 20. Oct 13, 22:41

The key to the springblossom is being far enough away from the target. Much inside about 2km then it starts doing that cross eyed thing really badly.

Stay further out and it's much better. But pMAML/MAML isn't really the ideal tool to be using on fast things anyway.

Lexalot

Post by Lexalot » Mon, 21. Oct 13, 00:06

so what guns would you recommend on the springblossom then?

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Mon, 21. Oct 13, 00:41

the PMAML is the best gun for the springblossom, and you should only be having targeting issues with smaller ships. Put PMAMLs in the front 8 and PSSCs in the turrets.

If your fighting a lot of fighters you can swap a couple of PSSCs from your turrets into your nose... but I haven't had to do that in quite some time...

Lexalot

Post by Lexalot » Mon, 21. Oct 13, 06:57

boresight fire did the trick for me, thanks guys!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”