Reunion - gonar temple not doing anything.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

crinkle83

Reunion - gonar temple not doing anything.

Post by crinkle83 » Mon, 21. Oct 13, 20:50

Just done the first mission and some preist dude says goto the gonar temple. what do you do then because im there and nothings happening?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 21. Oct 13, 23:46

I don't think this is a tech support issue so I'm moving this to the main forum where you're more likely to get gameplay help.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Wolvan
x4

Post by Wolvan » Tue, 22. Oct 13, 00:09

While docked open your coms menu and see if there are any familiar names on the temple that may want to chat with you.

Spoiler
Show
Namely, Noah Gaffelt
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little influence on society" - Mark Twain

crinkle83

Post by crinkle83 » Tue, 22. Oct 13, 18:54

How do i dock/open the comms menu?

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Tue, 22. Oct 13, 19:13

Open the comms menu with 'c' (by default) when you have the station selected. Docking can then be done via requesting docking permission through that interface, or you can dock automatically by hitting shift+D.

crinkle83

Post by crinkle83 » Tue, 22. Oct 13, 19:32

Ok i think iv figured off the coms screen but theres no way to be sure.

Theres also no way to dock.

Shift D doesnt work.

"." and "u" when having the goner temple selected just brings up a random menu screen and doesnt dock.

WHY THE HELL DID THEY RELEASE A GAME WITHOUT A TUTORIAL ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SO COMPLEX AND NON-SENSICAL!

Wolvan
x4

Post by Wolvan » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 00:03

WHY THE HELL DID THEY RELEASE A GAME WITHOUT A TUTORIAL ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS SO COMPLEX AND NON-SENSICAL!
Heh, welcome to X!

It's frustrating at first but once you get the basics down, everything falls into place. And in the end what earn with your patience is a very good, very unique game.

Step By Step:

Point your reticle at the Goner temple, fly to within 15 km of it, then press 't' it will target the station, then press Shift + d, the autopilot will engage and you can seta into the dock. Aternately once you have it targeted you com the 'automated docking assistant' or whatever it's called and request docking permission. You can then fly up to the docking arms and you'll be pulled into the station. Watch out if you dock manually you need to slow waaaaaay down when you get close or you'll crash.

Once you're docked at the station you can press 'c' to open the coms menu and find the person you want, hit enter and go from there.

The lack of tutorial can definitely be off putting, but that's why we're here! :D

Let me know if you have any other questions.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little influence on society" - Mark Twain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”