Reunion:

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Reunion:

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 09:48

I have a mercury (remote Trader) with a jump drive but it wont use it and the commands are greyed out all software is installed;

Its been a while since I last played this game so I can't remember if this was a given that only the player could use a JD any advice would be appreciated.
Also no suit repair laser in this game?.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 10:08

Also no suit repair laser in this game?.
Correct. That was first added with X3TC.

What kind of remote trader do you have? Standard buy/sell commands won't use the jumpdrive. The Universe Trader will first use it at level 12. Scripts from the Bonus package, CAG and CLS, will use it with a later level as well.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

celem
x3ap

Post by celem » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 10:37

Illuminatus is of course correct regarding various triggers for your remote trader to begin jumping. For completeness the CAG/CLS script pilots need level 4.

However if you are manually going into his command console and the jump is greyed out in the menu then theres something else going on. Regardless of the pilot's skill/type/level you should always be able to issue direct jump commands to a JD-fitted ship you own.

I've actually seen this yet cant precisely recall what the issue was.

From memory:

The navigation branch of the command console includes the command 'Jump'. Adding Nav command mk I adds the extra jump commands; jump to me, jump to pos and similar.

If the trader has a JD but does not have sufficient energy then they wont grey, you'll get a jump aborted when you try and issue the command.

As best I can actually remember.... greyed out jump commands means no JD is actually fitted. You did say it was, but I'd suggest a quick check to make sure you are looking at the right ship and he does infact have a JD

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 12:15

Have you got navigation command software installed?
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 20:08

Thanks for the swift replies:
yes He has navigation software and a jump drive and 4000 e-cells on-board.
As it is early game I am using the ship by directing it myself using advanced satellites to direct him.

I suspected reunion never had the repair laser but just wanted to be certain.

If all else fails I'll Just have to turn the ship into a sector then local trader.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 20:24

Reunion has no Local Trader options. Only two choices, a single sector and Universe.

Reunion has no auto jumping. if you want a ship to jump you have to force it to jump with the 'jump to' command. Only exception is CAG and CLS...
Last edited by Threesixtyci on Wed, 23. Oct 13, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 23. Oct 13, 20:29

Given the present state of affairs I'll just start him as a universal trader when he's earned enough credits for the software upgrades.

Jacket01

Post by Jacket01 » Fri, 25. Oct 13, 17:32

Make sure the softwares and jump drive installed all.
I remember that you can uninstall softwares but still keep them in cargo.

By the way, maybe you need navigation command mk2 ?
And, the ship you are driving need some software too.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”