No Unfocused Jumpdrive

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

electron_pilot
x3ap

No Unfocused Jumpdrive

Post by electron_pilot » Sat, 2. Nov 13, 09:16

I completed the Goner Plot in X3TC and the man said something about a gift and I got CONGRATULATIONS so I assumed everything was done correctly. However there is nothing added to my Navigation Menu and no upgrade in Freight. Any ideas? (My Blastclaw has a jumpdrive fitted)
Rick Churchill

eliseeff
x4

Re: No Unfocused Jumpdrive

Post by eliseeff » Sat, 2. Nov 13, 10:28

electron_pilot wrote:I completed the Goner Plot in X3TC and the man said something about a gift and I got CONGRATULATIONS so I assumed everything was done correctly. However there is nothing added to my Navigation Menu and no upgrade in Freight. Any ideas? (My Blastclaw has a jumpdrive fitted)
UFJD is not in Freight, but in Inventory, below the Salvage Insurance. Look Personal > My Pilot status (Hotkey: P, P)

[ external image ]

Unfocussed Jump is not in Navigation Commands in Coomand Console, but in Navigation menu. (Also, you may bound the hotkey in Options > Controls menu > Game).

[ external image ]

electron_pilot
x3ap

Post by electron_pilot » Sat, 2. Nov 13, 13:26

Thanks. Without this forum the game is just impossible to play even with the guidance activated. Rather than make pretty ships and ludicrously improbable stations Egosoft should concentrate on more precise plot announcements :evil: (How on earth did the first gamers get through the plots without egosoft's help and why didn't they do something about it in later upgrades?)
I am thankful I have people like you.
Rick Churchill

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 2. Nov 13, 14:13

I'm not sure Egosoft invented the UFJD, I think it came in a mod first and was then introduced in a mission add-on (overseen and approved by Egosoft, but largely community written). It's kind of stuck with us in the same way in later games.

It's this kind of thing that's behind the decision to make a whole new engine for Rebirth. A new engine means it can be designed to allow things to happen, rather than modders having to find tricks to implement cool stuff.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”