Missing graphics

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Linrox

Missing graphics

Post by Linrox » Mon, 4. Nov 13, 12:42

Hey all o/
First time here, i recently purchased X3 TC and was enjoying it
However after a few days i started using scripts and even tried the plugin manager from cycrow .
So after playing for a while with the new scripts i noticed some changes.

1. There were no longer and sounds when the mouse moved over a menu item or menu list. I don't really miss it, the sound was annoying. :)

2. The Universe map is missing its nodes.

MISSING NODES
[ external image ]

WITH NODES (What it used to look like) ;) Image from net
[ external image ]

This i want to fix this and get the nodes back.
It is a little difficult to select an area quickly with no reference.

3. The main menu no longer has a image of a space station.
Just a blank dark area with the menu on the left side, looks horrible.
HOW CAN I FIX THIS.

I have completely reinstalled x3 TC from steam, but the problems i mentioned are still occurring. How do i get it back to pure vanilla. I have tried reinstalling didn't help.

System:
XP64, 6GB RAM- all sound and Nvidia Drivers updated.

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, Oversized images altered to linked thumbnails - Terre}

Linrox

Post by Linrox » Mon, 4. Nov 13, 20:37

I guess nobody can solve this one. :(

I have also completely deleted all x3 TC folders and using regedit, delete all reference to the plugin manager for the game and all reference to x3

Hopefully this will fix it.

I guess i will not be using Cycrow's plugin manager, seeing as it corrupted my game. :evil:

Schultski

Post by Schultski » Mon, 4. Nov 13, 22:05

A-F-A-I-K, nobody has ever encountered this kind of game errors, and probably that's why no one has answered it...
I'll try to help, but I couldn't promise any work-around[s]...

First, 3rd-party programs [like Cycrow's PMs...] usually doesn't have any impacts to the game's visual-graphics engine at all [excluding those MODs that are installed using the PM that changes textures, shaders, UIs, HUDs...]. So, if you're saying like, "corrupts my game"... rest assured that the problems aren't caused by these programs...

Scripts are also out of the questions, as the only graphic-changes that can be altered using scripts are ship and text colors. Some scripts have 'adds new sectors' functionality, but as bad as those scripts are, I'm sure 100% it won't corrupt your entire game's universe maps...

In your case, I think the problems maybe in outdated game updates or corrupted game files. However, someone will be able to help if you also post 'step-by-step' procedures, from fresh installing to MOD-ing, all else that could help ironing the problems...

Sincerely,
Schultski Rheindland
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

Linrox

Post by Linrox » Tue, 5. Nov 13, 13:22

@Schultski Rheindland

Thanks for the reply.

There must of been something in the Registry that messed it up from one of the downloads i tried.
After the 3rd complete reinstall from Steam (the last attempt with Registry changes) it is now back to a pure vanilla with all the missing parts returned :D I have also zipped the entire folder as a clean backup.

I agree that it is hard to believe that a simple script would corrupt the graphics and specific sounds.

Here are the mods i tried,

-Cycrows plugin manager v1.47 (Latest version, that i could find)
-X-UNIVERSE Multi pack 4 http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/x3te ... 36751.html
-STO v1_57.7 (Sector Take Over) http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=143524

i am still a noob when i comes to knowing how these change the game exactly, but maybe someone could explain it.

Thank you for your time.
Linrox

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 5. Nov 13, 13:54

Linrox wrote:X-UNIVERSE Multi pack 4 http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/x3te ... 36751.html
that would be the one to blame...
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”