Problem with turrets in package creator [solved]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Thorgorath
x4

Problem with turrets in package creator [solved]

Post by Thorgorath » Mon, 4. Nov 13, 22:08

Rewritten, because the post didn't make as much sense to me as it did last night.

can anyone help? :(
I'm trying to change mountable weapons for an xsp-ship. My original problem was solved by this thread.

But now I'm stuck, because I can't edit the turrets' weapon lists.

This is what I see when I try to edit the turrets. No weapon lists as seen on the help-page of cycrows ship creator.

I have tried changing the cockpit to [Standard "SS_COCKPIT_DEFAULT"]. Nothing changed. Switching to a custom cockpit makes the weapon list appear and when I switch back to a standard cockpit, the list stays visible, but gets greyed out.

PROBLEM SOLVED BY TRIAL AND ERROR AT THIS POINT.

Turns out some weapons groups cause the selection to reset. Leaving them out and assigning a custom cockpit to all turrets works fine.
Last edited by Thorgorath on Tue, 5. Nov 13, 12:31, edited 3 times in total.

Schultski

Post by Schultski » Mon, 4. Nov 13, 22:42

Based from the pictures you've posted, I see you have used Cycrow PM to edit the ship...

Changing weapons [including adding or reducing the number of weapons] can only be done with ships that has one or more weapons attached on cockpit view. To have more or less weapons in turret cockpits, you have to change the actual 'TCockpits' files in CAT/DAT files.

In your case, the problem can be seen in the 'Cockpits' sub-page and at [Standard "SS_COCKPIT_DEFAULT"], as opposed to the new [Standard "SS_COCKPIT_A_FRONT_M1"], which has pre-determined weapons defined in 'TCockpits' files.

To have weapons of your selections, use the the 'SS_COCKPIT_DEFAULT' as a base viewport, then add weapons on 'Laser/Missiles' sub-tab. However, if you change the ship's main cockpit with additional lasers, especially bigger ships like M7 cruisers or M8 bombers, it will lose any capabilities to launch missiles in its specialized turrets. All of these M7M and M8 ships used the 'SS_COCKPIT_DEFAULT' for their specialized missile turrets, while the 'Laser/Missiles' entry left with no guns make it works.

Hopes this helps,
Schultski Rheindland
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”