Advice for using multiple TS ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ls612
x4

Advice for using multiple TS ships

Post by ls612 » Tue, 5. Nov 13, 22:56

So I must be one of the luckiest players out there, I just got two people, on the same station, to each sell me a used TS with little hull damage for 50k cr a piece (Playing humble merchant in TC). This is really my first time in a modern X game where I have had an actual trade fleet, and I'd like to know how to effectively use them. I read all over the forums about people with large automated trade networks, but have little idea how to set one up myself (I know, I could sell the TS ships at Argon Prime for a couple hundred thousand, but I'd much rather learn how to build an empire).

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 6. Nov 13, 00:05

Grats!

Alacard1's X3 Trader Guide is a great introduction to how the various kinds of trade automation work.

Timsup2nothin's Guide to CLS 2 is great for setting up some solid automated trade lines at a very low start-up cost.

For more stuff, you might check out the Trading and Station sections of the Ultimate Guides list stickied at the top of this forum.

Good luck!

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 6. Nov 13, 02:47

Vim Razz wrote:Grats!

Alacard1's X3 Trader Guide is a great introduction to how the various kinds of trade automation work.

Timsup2nothin's Guide to CLS 2 is great for setting up some solid automated trade lines at a very low start-up cost.

For more stuff, you might check out the Trading and Station sections of the Ultimate Guides list stickied at the top of this forum.

Good luck!
:lol:

Thanks for the plug!

You beat me to it. I have become superfluous.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 7. Nov 13, 00:25

For any automated traders, it's recommended that you install max shields (however many 25 MJ they can use), and also maximize their speed and turning. As far as upgrading the cargo to maximum, that can cost a lot, so see if you can upgrade half-way or until it gets expensive. All of this is done at an equipment dock, of course.

You should also consider installing a jump drive in each ship, as this will increase profits by a lot. Problem, of course, is that you first have to discover where jump drives are sold, and befriend the people that sell them. Also, jump drives are not cheap.

Otherwise, as the guides say, Sector Traders will trade whatever's available in the area you set them, but the issue is that the Trade Mark III software costs 500k, which is pretty expensive.

Universe Traders are like Sector Traders, except they can go anywhere and trade anything (not just what's available in a local area). Of course this means they'll often go into pirate or enemy space, which means you may want to use tougher / faster ships, like some of the more shielded TS'es or even TM class ships.

The Logistics traders (CAG, CLS) give you very detailed control over exactly where they go and what they will do, but are more suited for specifically supporting a factory or multi-factory complex, or for moving goods in a specific way.

For example, spacefuel is illegal, so you need the programmable control of the Logistics scripts to make sure that your ship doesn't EVER go into policed space with spacefuel in the cargo hold. Or, there's only one IBL factory in the universe, and you need to make sure it's supplied with ore, food, and energy, and that you buy the IBL weapons it makes, immediately -- the Logistics scripts can limit your TS ship to only trade with this IBL factory and the things it needs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”