Hyperion reverse engineered ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SpongeBobSpacepants
x3tc

Hyperion reverse engineered ?

Post by SpongeBobSpacepants » Thu, 7. Nov 13, 01:01

Hi, just got my phq up and running and wanted to reverse engineer a hyperion. I`ve put it in the queue to be re`d but nothings happening ? So 1. Can it be reverse engineered and 2. Is there a certain resource that I need for it to be re`d. Im playing X3TC btw.

Thanks

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 7. Nov 13, 02:26

I think it can be reverse-engineered but the blueprint will make the 169 m/s standard version, even if you reverse-engineer an over-tuned one. No resources required as far as I know, just time. You should see a progress bar, though it may take hours to even move a little bit.

marksman021
x4

Post by marksman021 » Thu, 7. Nov 13, 02:37

The Hyperion can be reverse-engineered, it just takes over 20 something hours of game time. As stated before, don't RE your over-tuned one because it will be destroyed and all of the ones you build will only have the standard 169m/s speed.

SpongeBobSpacepants
x3tc

Post by SpongeBobSpacepants » Thu, 7. Nov 13, 09:06

Ok thanks guys. Thing is when I check ships that are docked at station the hyperion is there as landed and even if I seta the progress bar just doesn't move so much as a second.In the station info its just listed in the reverse engineering queue at 100% and the time bar that indicates its progress isn't moving ?

P.S. I used the cheat menu to create this HQ would that make a difference ?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 7. Nov 13, 11:26

PHQs need to be placed via a TL in order to work properly.
If you just placed it without aTL, then that is why nothing is happening.

SpongeBobSpacepants
x3tc

Post by SpongeBobSpacepants » Thu, 7. Nov 13, 11:30

Aaah so this is the problem. Any idea how to script one in ?

Sorry I sound so lazy but I did the hub mission (which leads on to phq)ages ago on a different save and I really cant be a**ed to go through all that again !!

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 7. Nov 13, 19:30

You could try scripting in a TL with the PHQ on board, then placing it? You'd be best off asking in the S&M forum. There are lots of other options there like easy hub plot etc.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Fri, 8. Nov 13, 05:07

Some ships take days in-game to reverse-engineer/build. The Aran is the worst @ 4days 9hrs..... One way.
-- GD

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 06:14

While you can RE the Hyperion Vanguard (I did, because I could)

I don't like the wait time. The only ship I've constructed is an Aran, and I only did that because there's no way to get more than one without RE-ing and manufacturing it yourself.

For the Hyperion Vanguard (I can't imagine why you would need more than 1 of them) I think it'd be easier to just go capture multiple. I captured one for my own use, and a 2nd one to RE. Although I think if for some reason I wanted another Hype, i'd just go board another one.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 09:23

If it's in the que, then you need to wait until the ships qued up ahead of it finish reverse-engineering before the hypeV will get it's turn.

Or remove the other ships from the line if you want to skip straight to the hyperion.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”