pirate rep stuck - worked around by cheat

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

firestorm79
x4

pirate rep stuck - worked around by cheat

Post by firestorm79 » Thu, 7. Nov 13, 12:42

there's an older thread regarding this. I'm having the same problem. My pirate rep is stuck at rock bottom (not 0 as incorrectly stated in my previous post). I mean the lowest possible amount - this isn't going up no matter how many build, think, trade, fight missions I do for the pirates.

Is there a fix for this?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 7. Nov 13, 12:53

Game details would be good.

Probably not broken in your case. As said in that older thread (by myself) you can indeed trade etc with Pirate-owned stations to get rep increase at worst case rep. However, you need so much goodwill to get even 1 point of rep increase at that level that it just seems stuck. The rep scale is rather logarithmic and so you would expect this to be the case. You also need to clear any backlog of ill-will beyond the max-reportable -1,000,000 point before you can start eating into the shown figure. (I know, I had a personal project to recover from worst case.)

The actual rep block that occurred and was discussed 3 years ago was at the -100,000 or so level. Don't worry, you will probably lose interest long before you hit it. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Sat, 9. Nov 13, 22:04

Alan Phipps wrote:Game details would be good.

Probably not broken in your case. As said in that older thread (by myself) you can indeed trade etc with Pirate-owned stations to get rep increase at worst case rep. However, you need so much goodwill to get even 1 point of rep increase at that level that it just seems stuck. The rep scale is rather logarithmic and so you would expect this to be the case. You also need to clear any backlog of ill-will beyond the max-reportable -1,000,000 point before you can start eating into the shown figure. (I know, I had a personal project to recover from worst case.)

The actual rep block that occurred and was discussed 3 years ago was at the -100,000 or so level. Don't worry, you will probably lose interest long before you hit it. :D
thx! i just used cycrow's cheat script to get the rep up a bit in the end!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”