OverPowered In Xenon Graveyard

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

phantomrock2
x4

OverPowered In Xenon Graveyard

Post by phantomrock2 » Sun, 10. Nov 13, 02:25

Is the luck of the draw or am I noticing way too many ships coming after me. I do remember not having so many Xenon ships coming out of nowhere for a while when on this section of the plot. So tell me why do I have 2 or more Xenon PX & P coming after me! What's this? Some kind of joke. Please rework the code to where it was previously. I can hardly get to the wares so I can get them without being overwhelmingly over-ran. Let's not punish faithful players like this... OK... thanks, I have already ordered X Rebirth & will still continue to play X3AP but not if the code keeps getting re-tweeked. & where's the engine tuning for crying out loud how will be able to finish this part of the plot without engine tuning.

Things I have done such as bringing lasertowers and getting out repairing the hull all the way to 100% NOT 30% just isn't doing the trick. & I know because I finished this plot with the fight rank of X-TREME before Troubled Corp plot on & in the beta version for MAC.
[" thank you "]

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Sun, 10. Nov 13, 17:39

Equip your ship with turbo boost and get a shield (as the fuel for turbo) prior to anything else. You should be able to outrun the ships that can do you harm.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Sun, 10. Nov 13, 17:46

Lone Jedi wrote:Equip your ship with turbo boost and get a shield (as the fuel for turbo) prior to anything else. You should be able to outrun the ships that can do you harm.
That would be great but being that I am on the Mac platform I don't have the luxury of having the turbo boost since other parties in question don't see it fit for us MAC users to have the bonus package scripts
[" thank you "]

Zfast4y0u

Post by Zfast4y0u » Sun, 10. Nov 13, 18:26

go pro install windows

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Sun, 10. Nov 13, 18:29

***sigh***
[" thank you "]

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 10. Nov 13, 19:26

phantomrock2 wrote:That would be great but being that I am on the Mac platform I don't have the luxury of having the turbo boost since other parties in question don't see it fit for us MAC users to have the bonus package scripts
All you have to do is unpack it (install into empty folder) in a windows environment and then copy it over.

MFG

Ketraar

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Sun, 10. Nov 13, 20:03

Ketraar wrote:
phantomrock2 wrote:That would be great but being that I am on the Mac platform I don't have the luxury of having the turbo boost since other parties in question don't see it fit for us MAC users to have the bonus package scripts
All you have to do is unpack it (install into empty folder) in a windows environment and then copy it over.

MFG

Ketraar
Nope doesn't work because I have done that more times than I would like to remember so far & the extra bonus pack perks absolutely REFUSE to manifest on the Mac platform. Now when VP was doing the port I remember doing this & voila it worked. However, ever since the Mac beta version on Steam those &/or these bonus pack files/perks refuse to show up. I know these files need to inserted in the add-on folder also. Did it again today and loaded up a game & saw the same end result. NOTHING!
[" thank you "]

nyx
x4

Post by nyx » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 02:50

Well since I think the turbo boost is overpowered, I managed to do this mission without it. It's possible, so stop the whining.

Reasonable prioritization is the most important factor here.

edit: I did it with approx. 35% hull.
CEO Nyx Productions

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 04:10

nyx wrote:Well since I think the turbo boost is overpowered, I managed to do this mission without it. It's possible, so stop the whining.

Reasonable prioritization is the most important factor here.

edit: I did it with approx. 35% hull.
Why is it that when I post here I am soon reminded on why i would rather not post nothing here.
[" thank you "]

nyx
x4

Post by nyx » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 06:34

Because you cant take criticism

edit:
So I see two options:

1) You had to open this topic because you're the FIRST person ever who's experiencing this problem. Only reasonable explanation: You did something wrong. Instead, you blame it on Egosoft.

2) There were others before you that had the same problems as you. So there should already be a topic somewhere. In that case you should have searched for it. So again: You did something wrong.
CEO Nyx Productions

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 14:22

First of all if you really read the post or any of my posts you will see that I did finish this plot on the MAC platform. Then something happened with the Mac beta version that ground the Troubled Corp to a halt. OH & I did it without the Turbo Boost as well my friend because the Bonus pack files are not being recognized by the Mac version. So therefore I am not whining & I can take criticism what I am referring to here is that take time out & read & see what is really going on before you jump brother. I am just stating some mere facts not whining. geez I am really starting to hate the Internet. Ever heard of the saying, "if you have nothing good to say, then don't say nothing at all." At least that what my parents taught me... I'm just saying
[" thank you "]

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 15:14

Well all I can say is that the difficulty scales with fightrank, the higher the harder.

Will investigate about the BP for Mac, but dont expect much news too soon.

MFG

Ketraar

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 17:04

Ketraar wrote:Well all I can say is that the difficulty scales with fightrank, the higher the harder.

Will investigate about the BP for Mac, but dont expect much news too soon.

MFG

Ketraar
Hey thanks :) I appreciate the response very much
[" thank you "]

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 05:42

I believe I was Warlord rank (give or take) when I did this one.

don't give up. That mission is hard and you have to kinda think about it. I had Xenon Q's, J's, and K's spawning and chasing me

The way i beat it was grabbing speed as quick as I could (engine tuning, hull plating), and used the hammer torpedos and fighter drones laying around to distract the xenons. once you get your ship moving at 130k or better you can outrun the Q's and Xenon capital ships, and use your missles and drones to fend off the lesser xenon's.

anyway, that's how i did it, and i had to reload several times.

as a bonus i found a few Phased Array Laser Cannons in the graveyard. that made it all worth it :)

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 12:15

palenaka wrote:I believe I was Warlord rank (give or take) when I did this one.

don't give up. That mission is hard and you have to kinda think about it. I had Xenon Q's, J's, and K's spawning and chasing me

The way i beat it was grabbing speed as quick as I could (engine tuning, hull plating), and used the hammer torpedos and fighter drones laying around to distract the xenons. once you get your ship moving at 130k or better you can outrun the Q's and Xenon capital ships, and use your missles and drones to fend off the lesser xenon's.

anyway, that's how i did it, and i had to reload several times.

as a bonus i found a few Phased Array Laser Cannons in the graveyard. that made it all worth it :)
As a Terran Cmdr I will say that you can enter the graveyard strapped with the weapons NOT installed but the only ones that I could keep were the HEPT that kept most of them off while I floundered about the place. I hope this does not get tweaked in future updates! If it's not broke then don't fix it. I did get 6 PALC which is a bonus. However, if I do the Aldran Adv plot I will know which weapons to show up with in full force. In retrospect I would have a hard time in the Unknown Sector with those awful Yaki cats. Had to reload several times & forked over credits for the Skinir. Now since I do not have the huge armada of Terran ships like I do in game files that I had been playing since X3AP came out I have to be really creative in Black Hole Sun & Segaris. Very creative. I remember steamrolling this part in the other game files I have. Now need to end the war so I can set up shop in Elysium of Light & Asteroid Belt. Even though I have the highest race rank with the Argon & Terran I can't build nothing in EOL.
[" thank you "]

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 17:43

phantomrock2 wrote: .... If it's not broke then don't fix it. I did get 6 PALC which is a bonus....
agree. although it was a shock going from facerolling everything to being dangerous. Luck on the 6 PALC, i only found 3 of em.

phantomrock2 wrote: I have the highest race rank with the Argon & Terran I can't build nothing in EOL.
Why can't you build in EOL? is the war still going on?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”