X Rebirth Multiplayable?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

themoldyone

X Rebirth Multiplayable?

Post by themoldyone » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 04:58

I want to know if any mods or such will be made to make this game thats coming out multiplay-able I just want to play with 1 of my friends or brothers. It would make the game worth buying in my opinion.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 05:00

Impossible for anyone to answer, apart from developers and those under Non-Disclosure Agreement.

The modders who know what rebirth is capable of are under NDA until launch, and the others will only be making educated guesses at best.

My guess: HIGHLY unlikely.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

leecarter
x3tc

Post by leecarter » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 05:06

Given the scale of the game, probably not. Some of my X3 games lasted more hours than I will ever publicly admit...

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 05:25

hah when i saw this post it made me laugh lol. thanks

seriosly tho, Egosoft will not do multiplayer i am 99.9% sure of it.

there only a small team with a limited budget...

if there were to be a multiplayer i cant imagin it being anymore then a Deathmatch type. the main sandbox game, if they were to turn that into a persistant universe, they'd have to change everything in the game to balance it out.

so sorry, it wont be multiplayer ever

Abrax
x3

Post by Abrax » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 05:42

maybe sometimes coop 2x skunk at the same company

Theodorik
x3ap

Post by Theodorik » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 06:02

There is no multiplayer support in X Rebirth.

Please refer to this page for more info:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... =multiplay

Especially the excerpt from the moderator:
X2-Illuminatus wrote:
There will be no Multiplayer in X Rebirth.

Translation of the respective question and answer from page 2 of the krawall.de-Interview:

krawall.de wrote:
One word: Multiplayer?

Bernd wrote:
Nope.

And just for reference The X3 Online / Multiplayer FAQ and CBJ's Multiplayer FAQ.
X3 Online / Multiplayer FAQ:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243321

Especially read CBJ's Multiplayer FAQ:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 21#2885821
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those who know binary,
And those who don't.

Unknnnnn
x3ap

Post by Unknnnnn » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 06:04

Multiplayable?

That's an awesome word.

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 06:24

Nope.

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 09:38

leecarter wrote:Given the scale of the game, probably not. Some of my X3 games lasted more hours than I will ever publicly admit...
What does that have to do with anything? If the game is running on the server, it doesn't matter if you're playing or not.

kithyx

Post by kithyx » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 11:14

If the reason they can't add mutliplayer / coop is financial reasons, then why not kickstart a multiplayer expansion? Would show exactly the amount of interest in multiplayer, and players who just want a single player simply don't buy the expansion.

Abrax
x3

Post by Abrax » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 11:21

kithyx wrote:If the reason they can't add mutliplayer / coop is financial reasons, then why not kickstart a multiplayer expansion? Would show exactly the amount of interest in multiplayer, and players who just want a single player simply don't buy the expansion.
SIGN

foamwolf

Post by foamwolf » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 11:25

This game would be incredible if it even had 2 player co-op.

Anubis Khan
x4

Post by Anubis Khan » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 11:36

Why must everything in the world be multiplayer? Something should be left to solo players.

I love this franchise for the specific fact that they EMBRACE the solo player.

Maybe it is because I am approaching 40 but from what I have seen in the last 5-7 years, there are no multiplayer communities left that I really want to associate with. If I wanted to run around in a game and have random insults and racial epithets hurled at me all the time I would play CoD or BF. :evil: :headbang: :doh: :rant:

I love the fact that this series gives me an entire universe/galaxy/whatever to play in and be left alone to my own devices.

There is an amazing community behind this series that I can find here on the forums whenever I like without having to deal with all the in game griefing and other BS so prevalent these days.

Anubis Khan
x4

Post by Anubis Khan » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 11:38

Unknnnnn wrote:Multiplayable?

That's an awesome word.
That might just be my all time favorite new word! :lol:

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 12:15

I think Egosoft will look and learn from SC and ED now before venturing into MP if at all.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 12:25

If you want multiplayer you will have to wait for SC or ED. :wink:

Azrellion
x4

Post by Azrellion » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 13:40

Egosoft did have an FAQ floating about a few weeks ago with questions answered via reddit and they did say in one of the answers to this question which always seems to get bounced into these forums that Multiplayer is HIGHLY unlikely for the foreseeable future

They have never said it will never happen but it is highly unlikely your ever going to see a Multiplayer X Game alot of us would like this but i know alot would prefer it to stay Singleplayer but the game is great without Multiplayer its just as fun to play on your own :)

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 17:57

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:If you want multiplayer you will have to wait for SC or ED. :wink:
Waiting for vaporware is akin to the counting of chickens before they are hatched.

CutterJohn1
x3tc

Post by CutterJohn1 » Mon, 11. Nov 13, 18:05

Anubis Khan wrote:Why must everything in the world be multiplayer? Something should be left to solo players.

I love this franchise for the specific fact that they EMBRACE the solo player.

Maybe it is because I am approaching 40 but from what I have seen in the last 5-7 years, there are no multiplayer communities left that I really want to associate with. If I wanted to run around in a game and have random insults and racial epithets hurled at me all the time I would play CoD or BF. :evil: :headbang: :doh: :rant:

I love the fact that this series gives me an entire universe/galaxy/whatever to play in and be left alone to my own devices.

There is an amazing community behind this series that I can find here on the forums whenever I like without having to deal with all the in game griefing and other BS so prevalent these days.
From what I've seen, people don't want an MMO. They want a MP game that plays exactly like the SP, only with 1-3 more people, who they can cooperate with, or engage in friendly competition.

Obviously, an MMO would change the dynamic of the game completely. But playing with a couple friends would not require any major gameplay changes(as far as rules go, not programming).

So, I really don't see why they must 'embrace' singleplayer. Singleplayer and small group co-op can be virtually the same gameplay.

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 17:20

Besides the financial issue of doing multiplayer for the X games, I once saw another difficult aspect to overcome.

Network bandwidth.

Since there is so much data to handle, your network card would choke in it.
And if it can handle it, your game would get extra lag, because it's waiting all the time to get some data.

Ships positions, trajectories, speed, current order, destination, ... have to be transferred from one pc to the other. And all that data about every ship in the game.
Stations position, current production cycle and current stock also have to be transferred.

The hoster of the multiplayer game may only want to see his small empire, but you might wanna check the map (current sector-map and some other sector-maps as well) regularly to check your growing empire, so his game needs to know all that data as well.

All that data is just too much for your network to handle.
Both the hoster's universe and the joined player's universe have to be synced all the time to even have the possibility to play together.

Perhaps with 1Gbit/s network, it may work, but with only 100Mbit/s, I guess it won't work at all.
Your game may wait for over a second to get all the data, and your framerate will suffer alot because of the waiting.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”