Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Boringnick
x3tc

The co-pilot is MEGA-CREEPY

Post by Boringnick » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 13:57

Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bty5M-lo9w&t=3m37s

Preferable in full screen and HD-on.

I think adding blinking would make her EVEN MORE CREEPY. There is something seriously wrong there beyond just blinking.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 14:01

There are several other threads about this, please do not make a new one without looking first.

Also it has been confirmed that "no blinking" was a defect which has been fixed now for the upcoming release version 1.0.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 14:06

That swaying is allmost hypnotic.

Nukah

Post by Nukah » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 14:13

BlackDemon wrote:There are several other threads about this, please do not make a new one without looking first.

Also it has been confirmed that "no blinking" was a defect which has been fixed now for the upcoming release version 1.0.
What about stare down your soul through the monitor defect?

Captain Lemmiwinks
x3ap

Re: The co-pilot is MEGA-CREEPY

Post by Captain Lemmiwinks » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 14:18

Boringnick wrote:Watch:

I think adding blinking would make her EVEN MORE CREEPY. There is something seriously wrong there beyond just blinking.
you wanted akira,but got thunderbirds ???

wait for cbbe version :)

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 15:48

even blinking fixed its still gonna be creepy, shes got no body language no nothing, theres ALOT of complaints about this..

but as i said in anouther post i think we should complain when the game is out an seen it for our selfs.....

you guys complained about her blinking but that was already fixed for released version....

so how about cut it out with all these posts till after you played the game. they might have fixed it all by now... if they havent then you can whine about it. and hopefully egosoft will fix it

Liquidpinky
x3tc

Post by Liquidpinky » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 16:11

Captain Lemmiwinks wrote:

you wanted akira,but got thunderbirds ???

wait for cbbe version :)
Better Sevenbase Bombshell TBBP with HDT space physics.
No one would even be able to tell you what her face looked like after that, never get high enough.

Probably no complaints about the strafe drive afterwords either.

Nibel

Post by Nibel » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 16:39

Thread №129337 about creepy Yisus

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 16:54

:D It's because she peeks around the corner of that screen and stares directly into your soul. I have no idea why she even watches you, as the screen can only be read from one side... unless she is trained in reading mirrored letters in which case she would be just as creepy as she looks.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 17:14

She's not watching you, me, or anybody else watching the video.

She's watching Bernd! :D
Perhaps Yisha doesn't like the way he's piloting the ship :fg:
I'm sure when I get in the pilots seat she'll give me a great big beaming smile. :wink: :D

Oldman :)

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 17:23

Oldman wrote:Perhaps Yisha doesn't like the way he's piloting the ship :fg:
I'm sure when I get in the pilots seat she'll give me a great big beaming smile. :wink: :D
This actually sounds fun: The co-pilot's look will display how they like your flying style, starting with an irritated look over getting angry, then pale or even vomitting to finally succumbing to heart attack.

Now, where on that scale would she currently be in that video... ?

Which gets me to the question if she's bitching whenever you fly-over some lesser shuttle or a red light...

Pacers

Post by Pacers » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 17:43

Imagine if she screams at some point :) you probably jump of your chair lol

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 17:47

That would be freaky! :lol:
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Deggial

Post by Deggial » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 18:00

You don't know my girlfriend's cats. Imaginge them, sitting in the kitchen's door and staring at us having breakfast.
Not moving.
Not blinking.
Just...
this...
gaze! *starts sweating*

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 19:00

Nothing wrong with co-pilot. She is just a normal zombie. Egosoft has no money to create couple random animations for a co-pilot. So they use a zombie mode, lifeless stare and swaying from side to side...
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Phaser Rave
x4

Post by Phaser Rave » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 19:01

Nick 031287 wrote:even blinking fixed its still gonna be creepy, shes got no body language no nothing, theres ALOT of complaints about this.
That's true. Maybe some animations of her doing things will fix that, like messing with a console, acting bored, lustily staring in to your eyes, or creepily staring in to your eyes without blinking... wait, she already does that last one.
Doctor: You'd better tell the captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
Stewardess: A hospital? What is it?
Doctor: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

skadog
x3

Post by skadog » Tue, 12. Nov 13, 23:49

It's not just the bug eye stare but the way she is swaying as well.. like a cobra ready to strike! :o
"Who do you think pays for all this rubbish? They're not gonna make their money back, you know, I told them, I said to them, Bernie, I said they'll never make their money back." - Eric Idle, Always look on the bright side of life.

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 00:07

Whilst I do think this should wait until Friday I must coincide how freaky that was and how accurate the OP is :o
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 00:15

I think its her eyes, when you select that link in the first post, her eyes seem slightly out of focus and almost blind (white sheen over them) which then clears up, once its cleared up there doesn't appear to be any whites visible above or below the Iris. add to that what looks like a lack of eyelids, and a strange shadow on the corner of her mouth, there's no signs of cheeks - OR breathing, so with Yisha looking almost lifelike it is uncanny valley, because you are looking for things you expect to see and register subconsciously and they aren't there which triggers the somethings not right situation.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 13. Nov 13, 00:34

Yeah, she has the zombie-ness.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”