Who's not getting it but wants it so very badly?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wizaerd
x4

Who's not getting it but wants it so very badly?

Post by wizaerd » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 22:41

I'm curious as to how many people really really want this game, but aren't getting it for whatever reason?

Phlex

Post by Phlex » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:13

I want it but cant get it :( No money...

Fe2O3
x3tc

Post by Fe2O3 » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:17

I want it, but waiting for the first response on the forums after the release. At work tomorrow anyways.

And as there really is no pre order bonus I'm not missing anything anyways.

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:22

same here, too much work and party this weekend so its not being ordered... and I will wait for the responses of players who can try the 1-ship, 4-weapon types, 4-missiles, nerfed boarding, nerfed trading, awkward FPS and "smalltalk" and "fly close to the station to get discount vouchers" minigames (god help us).

I might end up having to hold out for X4 :D

Salamamba
x3

Post by Salamamba » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:30

I bought every x game from start, but had to stop at Terran war due to the manditory use of the steam client/malware. I know many people who use this, and have no problem with software being sold on it, but refuse to allow it on any of my machines ever again. This means no further versions of X, Total War or Civilisation, all of which were long running favourites.

Until this forced adoption of steam is removed, Terran War is as far as X will go for me.

There are other, less obtrusive, digital sales methods available, such as Gamestop, which doesn't show the same intrusiveness or internet addiction of steam, and I would be content to buy a digital version there (as long as it didn't stll need a steam account!!). :evil:

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:32

This should have a NSFW tag
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

tskiller
x3

Post by tskiller » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:33

Wont be getting it until a few reviews are out. Too many things in the game seem to regress from previous versions, or take things in a direction I'm just not interested in, so I'm not going to give them money until I'm convinced otherwise.

KaiHonsou

Post by KaiHonsou » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:38

Too many changes. I expect it will either be amazing, or tried to be too much and fail terribly.

I only really want it to be good. I would have no problem flying around exploring, getting used to the universe. If its a solid foundation then we know Egosoft will expand on it and make it better and better. I will get it after some reviews and more gameplay videos, probably on saturday.

zanetsu
x3tc

Post by zanetsu » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:38

That would be me :(

Hopefully by Christmas I'll be able to afford to buy it

wizaerd
x4

Post by wizaerd » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:43

Phlex wrote:I want it but cant get it :( No money...
Please see your PMs...

wizaerd
x4

Post by wizaerd » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:46

zanetsu wrote:That would be me :(

Please see your PMs

Viralshag

Post by Viralshag » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:53

New to the forums, hi! :)

Just registered to say I really want this game and I've been looking forward to it for some time.

However, the more I have read on these forums makes me a little worried about the new direction they've taken - mainly with the one playable ship thing.

It might work out fine but I don't see the point of acquiring masses of money just to sit in the same ship and watch my empire grow. I know the ship is upgradeable but not changeable? Really? Like you wouldn't get rich and think "hey, I might buy a new bigger ship... because I can!"

I don't know... right now I'm going to see how reviews go and what player feedback is like. The whole one ship with drones thing really feels like it limits the game for me.

zanetsu
x3tc

Post by zanetsu » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 23:59

That would be me :(

sMull
x4

Post by sMull » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:06

Salamamba wrote:I bought every x game from start, but had to stop at Terran war due to the manditory use of the steam client/malware. I know many people who use this, and have no problem with software being sold on it, but refuse to allow it on any of my machines ever again. This means no further versions of X, Total War or Civilisation, all of which were long running favourites.

Until this forced adoption of steam is removed, Terran War is as far as X will go for me.

There are other, less obtrusive, digital sales methods available, such as Gamestop, which doesn't show the same intrusiveness or internet addiction of steam, and I would be content to buy a digital version there (as long as it didn't stll need a steam account!!). :evil:
lol your loss.

Been using Steam since forver, pretty much the only place i get games from nowdays (also gog.com).

You can play without internet connection, just start steam in offline mode.

You're gonna be dead in 50 years, does it really matter what digital platform you use? Buy the damn game and enjoy it.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:08

Viralshag wrote:New to the forums, hi! :)

Just registered to say I really want this game and I've been looking forward to it for some time.

However, the more I have read on these forums makes me a little worried about the new direction they've taken - mainly with the one playable ship thing.

It might work out fine but I don't see the point of acquiring masses of money just to sit in the same ship and watch my empire grow. I know the ship is upgradeable but not changeable? Really? Like you wouldn't get rich and think "hey, I might buy a new bigger ship... because I can!"

I don't know... right now I'm going to see how reviews go and what player feedback is like. The whole one ship with drones thing really feels like it limits the game for me.
I've been an X player since XBTF. But this is exactly how I'm taking a wait and see on the game right now. Single ship. Hope its not a deal breaker.
Right now it seems so. We had that in XBTF. It's sad we've regressed.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

zanetsu
x3tc

Post by zanetsu » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:09

wizaerd you are my hero!!

<3 <3 <3 <3

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:12

I want it, been playing X since X3. I'm a late bloomer :P. But I enjoyed it immensely. Probably the only game where I logged as many playing hours as I logged in Star Wars Galaxies and WoW together.

But alas, I cannae get it, no monies :(. Probably after Christmas when gramps and grama come visiting.

mirko03

Post by mirko03 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:16

I put myself in the list of people who cannot actually afford it ... crysis is biting hard in my country (= no salary at work) :(

I'll check gameplay videos and eventually buy it for christmas

Phlex

Post by Phlex » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:20

wizaerd deserves a medal for restoring my faith in people. Love you bro (no homo)

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
x4

Post by CuriosityKillsTheMADCat » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:26

I think wizaerd did a nice thing here!

:thumb_up:

MFG

CKTMC
Fähiger Pilot wie DU sein...
"When ships to sail the void between the stars have been invented, there will also be men who come forward to sail those ships."
Johannes Kepler, Somnium, 1634 A.D.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”