Who has allready bought it but doesn't want it any more?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Do you still want it?

I bought and still want to play
93%
I haven't bought and no longer want to buy it
4%
I bought but no longer want to play.
3%

Total votes: 195

DaMuncha
x4

Who has allready bought it but doesn't want it any more?

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:41

With all the information we have found now, we've learned that this isnt the X4 we were after, and that has left some of us a little sore. So who pre ordered the game but no longer wants to play it after hearing about the changes to the series?

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:47

Wow, you didn't get the memo TWO YEARS AGO when Bernd said "This isn't X4"?

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:48

Maybe try it and decide if you like it before writing it off :P
Sig

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:48

The game was never at any point advertised as X4. It was made very clear over two years ago this was to be a radical departure from the previous games.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

BinarySlave

Post by BinarySlave » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:52

Kor'ah wrote:The game was never at any point advertised as X4. It was made very clear over two years ago this was to be a radical departure from the previous games.
What you don't want to understand, is that he never was interested in any kind of information, but only in his own imagination of things. Now that his bubble finally has bursted he is looking for some kind of revenge.

Legionnaire
x4

Re: Who has allready bought it but doesn't want it any more?

Post by Legionnaire » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 00:59

DaMuncha wrote:With all the information we have found now, we've learned that this isnt the X4 we were after, and that has left some of us a little sore. So who pre ordered the game but no longer wants to play it after hearing about the changes to the series?
This might not be the game you and some others were looking for but I'm looking forward to it with very much excitement. As I've said in numerous other threads, X-BtF had a lot of similarities, 1 Player Ship, limited weapons, not many other types of ship about, and look what they managed over the years from that framework, that basic beginning.

X-Rebirth is in my opinion, a new framework, leading to a new beginning, Who knows where it will go, but I'm looking forward to taking it.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Mauzi!
x3ap

Post by Mauzi! » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 01:01

BinarySlave wrote:
Kor'ah wrote:The game was never at any point advertised as X4. It was made very clear over two years ago this was to be a radical departure from the previous games.
What you don't want to understand, is that he never was interested in any kind of information, but only in his own imagination of things. Now that his bubble finally has bursted he is looking for some kind of revenge.
Oh noes, he's destroying our beloved game !

[ external image ]

Well, some people have nothing better in their life than yelling at others for their very own faults, which sadly prevents them from ever getting out of this loop. Poor sod...

Azurelinctus
x4

Post by Azurelinctus » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 01:19

So far two sad little people that want their $50 back, oh well :P.

It may be completely different to the other x games but as far as I'm concerned the game has and will continue to change from the first one. I'm so forwarding to waking up tomorrow and playing this.

Hey I even got so excited about this that I wanted to play this covering and surpassing the recommended sys requirements. Got a new 4gb vid card 8gb more ram and a HDMI 24inch screen. Had to buy a 1000w supply to support all the extra stuff also. So so so..... looking forward to it WOOT!

danskmacabre
x3tc

Post by danskmacabre » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 01:57

I'll be waiting until I actually play the game before I decide I like it or want to keep it or not.
I don't really see how you can judge before then properly.

Malkuth74
x3tc

Post by Malkuth74 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 02:10

This is a special post. I will take back my response, and just answer.

No I don't want to return it.
Last edited by Malkuth74 on Fri, 15. Nov 13, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.

Abraxis86
x3tc

Post by Abraxis86 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 02:12

You're a delicate and beautiful flower.
Last edited by Abraxis86 on Fri, 15. Nov 13, 02:16, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 02:14

That's enough of that. The OP is entitled to post their opinion without being insulted. If you've had enough of this kind of thread, don't read them.

AkrionXxarr
x4

Re: Who has allready bought it but doesn't want it any more?

Post by AkrionXxarr » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 02:20

DaMuncha wrote:With all the information we have found now, we've learned that this isnt the X4 we were after, and that has left some of us a little sore. So who pre ordered the game but no longer wants to play it after hearing about the changes to the series?
As was already mentioned, and thus the reason it's named X:Rebirth and not X4, this game was never meant to be a game that piles more on top of the previous ones.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 06:27

Thankyou CBJ.

What I saw in 2011 lead me to believe what we were getting was X4 but with a new name, they said it was called rebirth because the gate system had changed, I dont recall Bernd ever saying it was this big of a departure from the previous games. Alot of the information that we're so sore about has only been revealed in the past few months, after I had preorderd, this isnt just about the single ship, this is about the playable universe being advertised to me as being alot smaller than previous X games, limited amount of ship designs, limited number of weapons, etc. After reading the manual and finding out its even smaller than what we thought it was, on top of everything else, I'm not so sure it will provide the same level of high quality entertainment of previous X games. Alot of the features that have been said to have been taken out are features that I loved about X. So this turns out to be definately not the same game that I thought it was in 2011, and each new piece of information that leads me to think the game has been dumbed down hurts that image of the game I was hoping for.

I know there will be alot of mods coming to change the game to be more like previous X games, but I think thats what should have been sold to us to begin with. So I for one am unhappy that the game will have to be modded this heavily to improve features of Rebirth so that it resembles the previous games in the series. With modding comes bugs, mistakes, crashing, incompatibilities, user errors, etc. And I am tired of having to sort that stuff out, Having to rely on the modding community to keep thier mods updated and functioning.

I had preinstalled the game now, and I'll try it out later, probably not tonight though since I'm going out dancing all night, but if I dont like what I see in the first few hours I probably wont play again untill the modding community has had a chance to fix it.

Mordin Ashe
x4

Post by Mordin Ashe » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 06:37

DaMuncha, I really should stop reading your posts. You spread that negativity like a disease... I know, my fault for reading everything, but what the hell.

In a way I can relate to you. X3 is one of the greatest games I've played. Great engine (can't stress out this point enough, too many space games are just cartoon shooters with no idea about the true scale of things), universe of great size, many things to do, many mods to make it last for hundreds of hours. Imagine me, seeing info on so many things that made X3 gone. The thing is, Egosoft proved that they can make a great games, so while I somehow mourn much good from X3 will be lost, I don't think XR will be any less of a great game. The more so when all the downsides won't stay with us due to highly active modding community, which isn't the case for almost any other game.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 06:45

No no. I spread my opinion like a disease, weather that be positive or negative cause I'm just such a charismatic guy. Everyone loves my dancing!

Skyrim has a HUGE modding community (including MY mods for Skyrim) but that was crushed under its own weight. To make the game more enjoyable required alot of mods to make it look better and play better, but eventually it collapsed under its own weight and has become unplayable. I dont want that kind of thing to happen to XRebirth. XRM was a great collection of mods for X3 that have been packaged together addressing any incompatibilities and works well to add ALOT of new features to X3. I would like to see that happen again with XRebirth too.
Last edited by DaMuncha on Fri, 15. Nov 13, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.

johncage

Post by johncage » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 06:52

Mordin Ashe wrote:DaMuncha, I really should stop reading your posts. You spread that negativity like a disease... I know, my fault for reading everything, but what the hell.

In a way I can relate to you. X3 is one of the greatest games I've played. Great engine (can't stress out this point enough, too many space games are just cartoon shooters with no idea about the true scale of things), universe of great size, many things to do, many mods to make it last for hundreds of hours. Imagine me, seeing info on so many things that made X3 gone. The thing is, Egosoft proved that they can make a great games, so while I somehow mourn much good from X3 will be lost, I don't think XR will be any less of a great game. The more so when all the downsides won't stay with us due to highly active modding community, which isn't the case for almost any other game.
what things from x3 are gone?

because apart from multiple ships issue, i don't see anything worthy of mention being gone.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 06:56

John, I've gone over that enough many times in other threads, no need to get me worked up again.

Haysand
x4

Post by Haysand » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 06:57

johncage wrote: what things from x3 are gone?

because apart from multiple ships issue, i don't see anything worthy of mention being gone.
1) Sheer universe size.
2) Scale.
3) Variety - single ship, limited upgrades.
4) Decent fligth model replaced with flying in tar.
Last edited by Haysand on Fri, 15. Nov 13, 07:16, edited 1 time in total.

Promethium
x3tc

Post by Promethium » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 07:00

Why do you have to do this? This doesn't benefit anyone. Threads like this talking about how you're "disappointed in the game" don't make people at Egosoft happy and they don't make the fans happy. No positive outcome comes from this.

I know you're just being selfish and only concerned about what you want, and the opinions that you carry, but I'd like you to recognize that this thread is completely unnecessary and quite the downer for those of us who have been waiting for the game since it was announced.

A team of 20 individuals got this game to #1 on Steam's top sellers, which is a massive accomplishment, and you have the audacity to complain about the game before even playing it. I've gone from being angry about these threads, to sad, because after seven years of work the guys at Egosoft don't deserve this.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”