Who has allready bought it but doesn't want it any more?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Do you still want it?

I bought and still want to play
93%
I haven't bought and no longer want to buy it
4%
I bought but no longer want to play.
3%

Total votes: 195

Noimageavaiable
x3ap

Post by Noimageavaiable » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 07:40

Haysand wrote:Well, maybe they could actually implement a decent tutorial and UI. That would be a proper solution to the problem.
That's what baffles me the most about it all. X2 had a decent tutorial. Really the only thing that was bad about it was they didn't tell you about SETA. Then in TC they suddenly just drop you right into the game with the occasional pop-up and wonder why people can't get into the game.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 07:42

The game that has been sold to us now is not the game that was advertised to us in 2011.

Filoo
x3tc

Post by Filoo » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 07:46

DaMuncha wrote:The game that has been sold to us now is not the game that was advertised to us in 2011.
Have you played the game right now? No.
So I don't understand your whining attitude and I'm fed up with that.
Let's wait and let's play man!

Haysand
x4

Post by Haysand » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 07:51

DaMuncha wrote:The game that has been sold to us now is not the game that was advertised to us in 2011.
Nah, the info until 1-2 months ago was too vague to make an informed opinion. You just filled the gaps with your wishull thinking.

Although I do admit that expecting more of the X seriers to be present in Rebirth isn't all that unreasonable, sadly...only very little has left.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:06

Well I played X3TC for a year or so and then they announced the release of XR (which I watched about 50 times) and then made X3 AP, so yeah I was expecting X4 Rebirth, I just thought they picked that name because of the story like you would expect. What game company would name thier game "Call of THIS IS A WHOLE NEW GAME Duty" and have a cell shaded characters and snowball fights. lol. Like changing COD into TF2 and expecting the long time COD fans to love it.

Haysand
x4

Post by Haysand » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:16

DaMuncha wrote: Well I played X3TC for a year or so and then they announced the release of XR (which I watched about 50 times) and then made X3 AP, so yeah I was expecting X4 Rebirth, I just thought they picked that name because of the story like you would expect. What game company would name thier game "Call of THIS IS A WHOLE NEW GAME Duty".
I was thinking about the same while back.

Similar case I think happened with Dragon Age. Despite Dragon Age 2 got titled as a sequel, but it had nothing to do with it's predcessor. And there was quite a backslash from community, I think.

Same reaction I was/am expecting from X fans. Radical changes to the series are rarely good.

On the other hand, it is still X universe and coming up with a title that would kept the resemblance with the game background and yet made clear it is no sequel seems truly difficult, especially with so short name "X".
Last edited by Haysand on Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:18, edited 1 time in total.

Filoo
x3tc

Post by Filoo » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:17

DaMuncha wrote:a cell shaded characters and snowball fights. lol.
Ah I understand now what you think about the game. We will see that in some hours now. Don't judge a game so quickly, before having played it.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:23

I think they should just name it Rebirth and call it a new IP. That woulda got rid of alot of the confusion.

"This uses the X universe as a background but is an entirely new game".

Mordin Ashe
x4

Post by Mordin Ashe » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:28

That may be problematic. Is X really made of the universe behind, or is it the set of things you can do, achieve, fight, build and explore? After all, the X brand may be the reason why so many people got Rebirth so far.

tricecold
x4

Post by tricecold » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:33

Let the guy speak whatever he wants to say, and everybody is free to vote or not, right ?

I preordered the game, I knew it was not X4 but, it still will be a great game imho, I have my worries on single ship gameplay also, but there are many other aspects to this game also, At least give it a chance before asking people '' Do you still want it ? ''
TR 1950X - GTX 970

Haysand
x4

Post by Haysand » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:36

DaMuncha wrote:I think they should just name it Rebirth and call it a new IP. That woulda got rid of alot of the confusion.

It is not a new IP, the IP is still the same - X universe.

IP does not imply any game mechanics. It is the lore.

Filoo
x3tc

Post by Filoo » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:39

DaMuncha wrote:"This uses the X universe as a background but is an entirely new game".
I hope it will be an X game also: Trade, Fight, Build and Think. :)
I'm confident in Egosoft. :)

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:46

Well - we all knew it was not going to be an X4. That's told over and over again. Very hard to miss that message (unless you had buried your head in some alternative reality).

Of coarse people here are entitled to express their disappointment that there will not be an X4 in foreseeable future, but I cannot really understand why they are so disappointed that X Rebirth is not X4. That is a fact that has been know for a very, very, very long time now..

And lastly - if all that was known for more than two years I really cannot understand that they ordered a game that was clearly said NOT to be an X4. And the next step is not playing it because it's not X4. I really do not get it.

I'm not criticizing anyone, but am just baffled why that take that irrational decisions. Some things will ever be a mystery I guess...

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:50

Looking at poll result, Egosoft made the right choice... :)

Noimageavaiable
x3ap

Post by Noimageavaiable » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:59

JClosed wrote:...
That information wasn't anywhere near as omnipresent as you make it out to be. They didn't subtitle the game X:Rebirth - the game that totally isn't X4. If someone didn't actively follow the development and watch most of the previews/interviews than it is very well possible to miss any and all mentions of that.

Regarding the poll, keep in mind that this isn't saying much as to the actual reception of the game, since right now the forums are populated mostly by hyped up fans. There are many who didn't buy the game and don't read the forums anymore, some who don't like the changes but are still willing to give it a try, some who blindly believe in Egosoft and might very well be disillusioned once they actually play the game, etc.

Burneyx
x4

Post by Burneyx » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 09:07

DaMuncha wrote:I think they should just name it Rebirth and call it a new IP. That woulda got rid of alot of the confusion.

Just give X-Rebirth a chance and im pretty sure you will love it :wink:

outlawgb
x3tc

Post by outlawgb » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 09:14

to be honest from what i have seen so far i like all the changes for me it got to a point that the X games was not as much fun any more it felt more like work boring stuff like what station sold what ship/gun/equipment that just felt tedious to me specially if you was outfitting a lot of ships like watching paint dry for me oh well on to new beginings

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 09:23

CutterJohn1 wrote:they really, really, want to love this new game, and can not(or at least fear they can not).
I think that's the main issue, though. The naysayers, to a man, have not played the game. Yes, it's true those who think it's going to be the second coming of the Messiah may also be disappointed, but at least they'll be so *after* having tried the game and assessed it on its own merits!

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 09:31

outlawgb wrote:to be honest from what i have seen so far i like all the changes for me it got to a point that the X games was not as much fun any more it felt more like work boring stuff like what station sold what ship/gun/equipment that just felt tedious to me specially if you was outfitting a lot of ships like watching paint dry for me oh well on to new beginings
This is precisely my case. After almost 10 years playing X-Universe games, I can't even play any of the games without stopping after 10 minutes thinking "Sorry, I'm not doing this again"

So, I'm pretty happy to taste a completely new game made by the same creators.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 09:36

DaMuncha. Seriously man. Get off the computer. Try to relax a little. You are like a hysterical woman sometimes.

Personally, I cant wait for it to come out.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”