Ships/system/sectors/zones/factions in the manual = all?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kevin2202

Ships/system/sectors/zones/factions in the manual = all?

Post by Kevin2202 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 03:35

Ships/system/sectors/zones/factions are listed in the manual:

http://cdn4.steampowered.com/Manuals/28 ... 1384425963

But are they all of it? Did they list everything or are there still things that manual still haven't mentioned?

spacecoyote99
x4

Post by spacecoyote99 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 03:46

More ships and systems..
manual wrote:Below are just a fraction of ships Ren will see in his travels. As you explore the X Universe, more
and more ship types will be added to your Encyclopedia

Not all systems and sectors are listed here; some must be discovered and explored, which will then
be added to your in-game Encyclopedia.
It doesn't really say about factions but you can see different faction names like Sonra Energy in the in the launch trailer, although maybe those belong to a parent faction? As for races, still unknown I guess ^^

Xydonus
x3ap

Post by Xydonus » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 03:50

Hoping there's more, otherwise thats a really poor lot of factions. I'm guessing there is more than what is listed, surely. Plus the manual does say it doesn't list them all, although says nothing about factions.

Also, The Reivers sound like a direct nod (or ripoff even) from Firefly Reavers. Even the line, "Over the passing years, the
frantic search became simple madness and the return to the stations nothing
more than piracy, pillaging and rape. Once, they may have been human;
while these creatures may still have that shape, nothing more remains."

O well, I was hoping for some more originality than that.

Kevin2202

Post by Kevin2202 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 03:51

I also wanna know what happened to Kha'ak and stuff. Also wish if theres biological creatures in space like space jellyfish or space worms or something like that (joke)

oh well I guess we'll see after the game's release.

AkrionXxarr
x4

Post by AkrionXxarr » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 03:56

For wares it says: "Below is a fraction of what is tradable in the X Universe"
For ships it says: "Below are just a fraction of ships Ren will see in his travels."
For systems, sectors, and zones it says: "Not all systems and sectors are listed here"

It doesn't say anything about whether or not all factions are listed.

CuriosityKillsTheMADCat
x4

Post by CuriosityKillsTheMADCat » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 04:30

IIRC, there are more (minor) factions being mentioned throughout the manual than being listed in the (minor) faction overview.

MFG

CKTMC
Fähiger Pilot wie DU sein...
"When ships to sail the void between the stars have been invented, there will also be men who come forward to sail those ships."
Johannes Kepler, Somnium, 1634 A.D.

Neferdias
x3tc

Post by Neferdias » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 04:56

Xydonus wrote:Hoping there's more, otherwise thats a really poor lot of factions. I'm guessing there is more than what is listed, surely. Plus the manual does say it doesn't list them all, although says nothing about factions.

Also, The Reivers sound like a direct nod (or ripoff even) from Firefly Reavers. Even the line, "Over the passing years, the

The Reavers... er Reivers... are a direct rip from the tv show... if you take the movie as cannon, then there's a minor difference but the premise for them in the game is practically identical.

and the Ancients are a rip from Stargate SG-1 ...

I was hoping after 7 years there would be a little more originality in their ideas... hell... I would have preferred if the Reivers were just a normal pirate faction.

Haysand
x4

Re: Ships/system/sectors/zones/factions in the manual = all?

Post by Haysand » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 06:40

Kevin2202 wrote:Ships/system/sectors/zones/factions are listed in the manual:

But are they all of it? Did they list everything or are there still things that manual still haven't mentioned?
There will be 2 more systems and likely there will be more of ships/factions etc.

Still that means you have like 5 zones per system, all together the game world has shrunk from 236 locations to something like 30....

Ivorystate

Re: Ships/system/sectors/zones/factions in the manual = all?

Post by Ivorystate » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 06:42

Haysand wrote:
Kevin2202 wrote:Ships/system/sectors/zones/factions are listed in the manual:

There will be 2 more systems and likely there will be more of ships/factions etc.

Still that means you have like 5 zones per system, all together the game world has shrunk from 236 locations to something like 30....
They will be much more detailed, plus there will be more added with free updates later. Still, it does suck.
"The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever."
-Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 07:01

There might be more but they didn't add it in the manual. You probably have to finish the plot first.

Kevin2202

Post by Kevin2202 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 07:06

Graaf wrote:There might be more but they didn't add it in the manual. You probably have to finish the plot first.
That sounds reasonable, since it's a spoiler.... But I am still a little worried that they might have indeed shrunk the world like ivory said above. Hopefully theres more sectors to go to where there arent just space cities, or no space cities at all. Hope there's a lot of interesting things to explore like maybe a derelict ship, which could be interesting.

Haysand
x4

Post by Haysand » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 07:10

Kevin2202 wrote:
Graaf wrote:There might be more but they didn't add it in the manual. You probably have to finish the plot first.
That sounds reasonable, since it's a spoiler.... But I am still a little worried that they might have indeed shrunk the world like ivory said above. Hopefully theres more sectors to go to where there arent just space cities, or no space cities at all. Hope there's a lot of interesting things to explore like maybe a derelict ship, which could be interesting.
Sadly that is very unlikely due how the game is designed... :/

There is no reasonable mechanics for traveling in open space, therefore all gameplay is focused around the highways and those are likely connecting large metropolitan areas than "middle of nowhere".

So you get 4 solar systems with 4-5 large complexes conected via highways.

Very unfortunate design...the game world will be tiny. GTA in space....

Kevin2202

Post by Kevin2202 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 07:15

Haysand wrote:
Kevin2202 wrote:
Sadly that is very unlikely due how the game is designed... :/

There is no reasonable mechanics for traveling in open space, therefore all gameplay is focused around the highways and those are likely connecting large metropolitan areas than "middle of nowhere".

Very unfortunate design...the game world will be tiny. GTA in space....
I see.... I guess that makes sense. Going to "middle of nowhere" may even take load of time too anyways both in reality and in the game. I wonder what happened to all those jump gates then.. :p maybe rearranged again by 'the old ones'.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:17

I hope that everything listed in the manual is not all we will see.

spacecoyote99
x4

Post by spacecoyote99 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:20

Kevin2202 wrote:I see.... I guess that makes sense. Going to "middle of nowhere" may even take load of time too anyways both in reality and in the game. I wonder what happened to all those jump gates then.. :p maybe rearranged again by 'the old ones'.
I wouldn't take the predictions on these forums too literally. In a couple of hours (or maybe a couple of days) we'll know more. I find it hard to imagine there are no "empty" zones and we already know things exist between the (regular) highways that are off the beaten track.
Haysand wrote: So you get 4 solar systems with 4-5 large complexes conected via highways.
There are (we think) 5 clusters, each containing a number of sectors which in turn include a number of separate zones. A careful estimation of 5 of each would suggest 125 playable areas. That's just a guesstimate, but there are certainly more than 5 complexes in the game.

In any case there are confirmed to be more things in the game than mentioned in the manual. The manual itself says so.

AkrionXxarr
x4

Post by AkrionXxarr » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:33

DaMuncha wrote:I hope that everything listed in the manual is not all we will see.
Read my earlier post. :P

Haysand
x4

Post by Haysand » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:34

spacecoyote99 wrote: There are (we think) 5 clusters, each containing a number of sectors which in turn include a number of separate zones. A careful estimation of 5 of each would suggest 125 playable areas. That's just a guesstimate, but there are certainly more than 5 complexes in the game.

In any case there's no need to "wait and see", there are confirmed to be more things in the game than mentioned in the manual. The manual itself says so.
I never implied there are 5 complexes in the game. 5 complexes per solar system.
Last edited by Haysand on Fri, 15. Nov 13, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

Shoelip
x3ap

Post by Shoelip » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:45

Neferdias wrote:
Xydonus wrote:Hoping there's more, otherwise thats a really poor lot of factions. I'm guessing there is more than what is listed, surely. Plus the manual does say it doesn't list them all, although says nothing about factions.

The Reavers... er Reivers... are a direct rip from the tv show... if you take the movie as cannon, then there's a minor difference but the premise for them in the game is practically identical.

I was hoping after 7 years there would be a little more originality in their ideas... hell... I would have preferred if the Reivers were just a normal pirate faction.
Yeah, yeah, and the Reavers are a rip off or the Borg from star trek or just fast zombies, and the ancients from SG-1 are a rip off of the ancients from every other fantasy and science fiction series to ever have an ancient uber race/civilization called "The Ancients".

And X- BTF's entire premise is a rip off of Farscape even though they both released just a few months apart. :wink:

johncage

Post by johncage » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:47

add generation+no reading comprehension=this thread

johncage

Post by johncage » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:51

Neferdias wrote:

the reivers, as their name suggests, are based on the border reivers in 14th and 15th century england, and possibly serve a similar function in the game, as mercenaries or marauders.

see how actual historical knowledge helps you contextualize fictional elements in popular media?

isn't that much better than "derr, reavers are reivers are reapers are reefers deerrrrr 420"

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”