Ummm... Need help with the Omicron thingy mission...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Giant Wasp Face
x2

Ummm... Need help with the Omicron thingy mission...

Post by Giant Wasp Face » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 17:54

Last night I thought I'd get the rubbish story missions out the way... So I left my fleet to do its own thing and jumped into my Dragon...only to find myself completely flumoxed by the Omicron something mission...

Part 1: Blow up Khaak... Fair enough, though " hot knife through butter" springs to mind...

Part 2: Get close to mothership. Again, fair enough, though framerate reduces the experience to a slideshow.

Step 3: Get even closer to the bastard then... WHAT?! What in the name of Satan's festering jock-strap am I supposed to do? King beardy of the daft name wants to me to beam Kyle out of the mothership. HOW?!

Could someone just tell me what the bloody hell to do here? Oh yes, and just on the off-chance that one of the mission designers should read this, I have this to say: "Don't give up your day job."
According to Johnny Cash: "There will be peace in the valley, for me, some day."

I remain sceptical...

:Nova
xr

Post by :Nova » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 17:55

Spoiler
Show
Use spoiler tags when talking about the plot

Giant Wasp Face
x2

Post by Giant Wasp Face » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 17:57

*Sheepish grin*

Sorry...
According to Johnny Cash: "There will be peace in the valley, for me, some day."

I remain sceptical...

:Nova
xr

Post by :Nova » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 18:06

Spoiler
Show
lol, anyway, to answer your question. Get in a M3/M4/M5 and select the waypoint, then just get real close and match the rotation of the main chamber, as long as you took out all of the nodes, that chould be the last time, also make sure that Bret and Saya are in their positions.

Giant Wasp Face
x2

Post by Giant Wasp Face » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 18:13

*Raises hand meekly*

Ummm... Sir? Whats a node? :?

I remain sceptical...

zoleeboy
x3tc

Post by zoleeboy » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 18:43

Dunno.

But if you hit page up/down, they can be targeted, you should hear "unknown object".
SAS - Proud Protector of Split

Honoured Strong Arm of Family Thi

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”