X-BTF (Steam) Missing Resolution (1600 x 1200)?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

TheSuburbanHero
x3tc

X-BTF (Steam) Missing Resolution (1600 x 1200)?

Post by TheSuburbanHero » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 08:23

I've finally gotten around to playing BTF after I got it during the Humble Bundle, but I can't seem to get the resolution quite right. Previous searches have told me to just put it into 1600 x 1200, the largest 4:3 resolution, but my settings don't seem to have it. Is there a workaround? Or should I just play at a lower resolution?

[ external image ]

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 11:39

I just checked, and 1600x1200 is showing for me. My guess is that your monitor driver (basically just a config file indicating your screen's capabilities) doesn't list that as an available resolution. You may be able to get an update that enables the missing resolution, and if not then you may be able to create a custom resolution in your graphics driver settings.

SpaceSimSam

Post by SpaceSimSam » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 08:25

CBJ wrote:My guess is that your monitor driver (basically just a config file indicating your screen's capabilities) doesn't list that as an available resolution. You may be able to get an update that enables the missing resolution, and if not then you may be able to create a custom resolution in your graphics driver settings.
Where is this file?
Can we edit it manually to add our own resolution?

If not, how can we get our own resolution in there?

I looked in the install folder, could not see any CFG or INI files.

(using Steam)

EDIT: sorry I have X3Reunion, nor XBTF, but I'd still like to know the answer to how can i get a higher resolution wide screen working.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”