Loading up a TL with energy cells

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

redisdead
xr

Loading up a TL with energy cells

Post by redisdead » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 11:51

Okay, I haven't played X3 in a long time, and I figured with Rebirths release (haven't gotten it yet, waiting for paycheck), I might as well get back in the groove a bit.

In my lastest playthrough I just bought my very first TL! Yay! Go me!

Transferred a jump drive to it and stuff so I can quickly expand my growing empire and overrun the entire economy with my stations.

Anyway, I forgot how to load it up with energy cells. Plz Halp.

There's the Transfer Freight via Drones thing, but it's all greyed out. I suppose I need drones in the cargo bay, but I can only find Fighter Drones, would these work?

EDIT: Found Freight drones, but I can't figure out how to use them, can't select any station.

EDIT2: Did some more searchin' and it turns out that you just can't. It's either have a TS tag along with jump drive as they can't dock in a TS or get a M3 to transfer cargo 200 units at a time, boo.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 06:31

Use a TS and a transporter device or dock at an EQ dock with the freighter to transfer freight.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 14:52

Due to the fact you can put so much jump fuel aboard (I tend to go with 3.2k-5k), then you do not have to refuel very often at all. So using a TS manually isn't very difficult or annoying.

You could also use a TS using CLS2. Either to automatically refuel it anywhere, or when the TL jumps to the same sector as it.

Freight drones should work too. But I'm not 100% on the method.

You are also able to dock a TL at Military Outposts, which sell energy, albeit in limited amounts.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”