Game.uk

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SupraRZ
x4

Game.uk

Post by SupraRZ » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:17

Just been into Game.UK retail to pick up my pre-order and it's not there! Infact nobody knows anything about it even though it says released on their website.....
The most I got was maybe it's still at our warehouse!!
I've got a pre-order receipt and booked the day of work....I'm one of those that have been chomping at the bit to get this game for 2 years....
Will drag my pc round my gf for a steam download no wonder retail shops are going under!!
Anyone else had trouble?

Rupert Hound
x4

Post by Rupert Hound » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:20

Id go back in and tell them to either give you a copy or a refund then go get it on steam.

danskmacabre
x3tc

Post by danskmacabre » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:30

I didn't pre-order in a shop, but went into EB games in Australia and they told me I would be able to buy it from them on the 14th.

so I tuned up on the 14th and they didn't have it and it got moved back to the 12th of Jan 2014.

I obviously didn't bother with that and ordered it direct on Steam, I'm all preloaded and good to go..

and yeah no wonder retail stores are dying... hopeless.

daish0
xr

Post by daish0 » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:31

If you are really that eager to play from minute 1 on ... why did you order it from a retail merchant?

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Re: Game.uk

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:32

SupraRZ wrote:Just been into Game.UK retail to pick up my pre-order and it's not there! Infact nobody knows anything about it even though it says released on their website.....
The most I got was maybe it's still at our warehouse!!
I've got a pre-order receipt and booked the day of work....I'm one of those that have been chomping at the bit to get this game for 2 years....
Will drag my pc round my gf for a steam download no wonder retail shops are going under!!
Anyone else had trouble?
Even if you'd picked up the box, you wouldn't be able to play it as it hasn't unlocked on Steam yet. But I'll concur that its very poor service to not have it in as you pre-ordered it. (Mind you, I pre-ordered through zavvi.com (via play.com) and my copy hasn't even been posted - Assuming it will be, as last I checked, Egosoft were denying all knowledge of a English physical regular edition).

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:32

I had the same problem but from a different retailer. Cancelled it and bought it on Steam instead. I can't be doing with faffing around with standard retail in the UK anymore. They're not reliable enough for my liking.
Sig

Stilrh

Post by Stilrh » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:36

Game are very unreliable and not very knowledgeable about pc games. Get a refund and buy from steam.

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:47

Game.Uk is an EPIC PC FAIL I have not been able to get any pc title directly from there store's for years if I played console games I could have any title off the shelves no problem

the only thing I get from them now is STEAM credit & I H8 STEAM but its the only place to get Most of the PC titles these days!
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 15. Nov 13, 12:52

Game has sadly gone down over the last couple of years, they used to be great at getting your pre-orders on time, not any more. Would recommend you get a re-fund and get it direct from Steam.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”