Get Help, Workarounds, Gameplay mechanics, Game info, Plot issues, etc ALL HERE ASK

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 18:47

Is it possible to board a ship without destroying the drone bay?

I found my boarding of a Rahanas would not progress until I'd taken out the drone bay, which I didn't want to do. I felt that keeping the cargo lifters and the construction drones would be a "good thing".
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 19:07

Yes by lengthening the odds by leaving enough alternatives (force field projectors, turrets, Trojan scans, etc) available for passing all the 'assist' phases - hopefully without the RNG selecting the drone bay amongst all those. If your boarding attack vs defence points balance is very favourable you can even skip doing an assist phase without necessarily having marine losses.

If there are no real alternative options for an assist, the drone bay will almost always be selected.

You can also save after each successful assist and then reload if the drone bay gets selected next - but such save-scumming is rather boring and cheesy.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 14:41

Thanks Alan :)
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 18:26

Hi,
Just 2 quick questions/remarks :

- Do you set-up your own sell price for station?
It seems that when market price is largely below the base ware price the manager is unable to lower it sufficiently to attract NPC buyer.

- Is it correct that an intermediate ware will not be mark as saleable by the manager until stock are almost full?

Thx
Bye
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 12:35

Has anyone added SETA and jump drive to skunk by save game editing? Would like to have them from the start of the game. Not the very start but after i make the first save game. Any tips would be welcome!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 12:45

Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 18:38

Thank you very much!!! How about Jumpdrive??

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 20:31

Everything you need to know the in-game ID for is detailed here under the items in the inventory tab. Beware though as edits/cheats are addictive and can ruin your game if uncontrolled!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Fri, 4. Nov 16, 07:41

Alan Phipps wrote:Everything you need to know the in-game ID for is detailed here under the items in the inventory tab. Beware though as edits/cheats are addictive and can ruin your game if uncontrolled!
Thank you.

That will not be a problem for me... It would ruin the game if i would accidentally get 1 million due to a bug or something. I cant live with a feeling that i havent achieven everything myself in a game like this. That is why i never get companions in RPG's like Skyrim and Fallout.

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 14:49

Is there a way to tell the station manager to only buy a certain amount of resources? Basically I want a cap so I can actually have a profit instead of him continually buying resources?

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 15:39

CptAWatts wrote:Is there a way to tell the station manager to only buy a certain amount of resources? Basically I want a cap so I can actually have a profit instead of him continually buying resources?
Unfortunately, no - that's one of my own pet bugbears, in fact (as well as the fact that a particular ware can only be set to both buy AND sell or not, but can't be set separately - ie. sell but don't buy or vice versa, which they ought to be able to)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 16:06

Thats what I thought. Thanks

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 23:12

I use Medium ships like Gigurums for exactly that situation, the lower speed and smaller cargo load slows the manager buying stuff.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 20. Dec 16, 23:31

Santi wrote:I use Medium ships like Gigurums for exactly that situation, the lower speed and smaller cargo load slows the manager buying stuff.
Also, I find that managers are actually quite smart when they have lots of freighters - in my most recent game, I was giving new stations 6-9 M-sized freighters (2-3 of each relevant cargo type) each as soon as I built them (the stations, that is), and found that almost immediately the freighters would head off for different stations to buy different things - with enough freighters, all the required resources would get collected in one set of trips (except when a radar was needed first, of course.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 22:01

I'm also having trouble selling wares. On the offers menu I see large buy orders at prices higher than my stations sell orders but the trade ships that can carry the ware still sit there "looking for trades". The stations that are buying are also in the same sector. Any way to get them to sell without manually doing it? Maybe even a mod suggestion?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 22:05

do you possibly have commissions which give you better prices than regular? these only apply to Trades directly ordered by you, they are not available to your Ships, and they also cannot see them.

and i just wasted my 13.000th post for this.. can i get some kind of Award like [SPAMMER] now?
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 23:08

hmm, yeah I do actually...But in this case the only modifier is High demand +14 percent. Do they see that modifier?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 23:23

nope, commission percents are only available for the Player directly, not for player owned Ships. the price they see is before any bonusses (i think this also excludes the faction rep bonus, but not entirely sure)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 23:31

I don't think it is a commission modifier though. It just says that there is a high demand and that is why it is plus 14 percent.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 23:51

thats a Storage-based "commission" which affects the Price for everyone, so yes, your Ships can see it. no more ideas from my side then.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”