Get Help, Workarounds, Gameplay mechanics, Game info, Plot issues, etc ALL HERE ASK

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 22:05

do you possibly have commissions which give you better prices than regular? these only apply to Trades directly ordered by you, they are not available to your Ships, and they also cannot see them.

and i just wasted my 13.000th post for this.. can i get some kind of Award like [SPAMMER] now?
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 23:08

hmm, yeah I do actually...But in this case the only modifier is High demand +14 percent. Do they see that modifier?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 23:23

nope, commission percents are only available for the Player directly, not for player owned Ships. the price they see is before any bonusses (i think this also excludes the faction rep bonus, but not entirely sure)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 23:31

I don't think it is a commission modifier though. It just says that there is a high demand and that is why it is plus 14 percent.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 23:51

thats a Storage-based "commission" which affects the Price for everyone, so yes, your Ships can see it. no more ideas from my side then.

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Wed, 28. Dec 16, 23:55

Ah, ok. Thanks anyways

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 29. Dec 16, 01:27

DISCLAIMER: Much speculation in the notes below!

Station-bound freighters (or rather, the managers to whom they report) are notoriously reluctant to sell stuff, they prioritise buying. Even when not buying, they will sometimes hang around "searching for trades" as you've described. That being said, there may be a few things to check:

- Make sure that your station has a radar, and that the manager's trade range is set appropriately
- Make sure you haven't blocked trading those wares with other factions. If those wares are intermediates, then make sure you haven't tried turning off buying them, because that also turns off selling them (silly "system", that)
- Manager's skills should be high, as well as those of the freighter captain (that's to be safe - I don't know exactly how that all gets determined, but I suspect both may influence freighter performance)
- I never mess with the trade pricing, I leave it at the automatic default - this may or may not be a factor (managers can be quite flakey, so I don't know how well they obey manually set prices.)
- If you are not already doing this, I would try adding a couple of M-sized freighters of the cargo category in question - it's possible that when there are fewer freighters, they get reserved for possible purchases (again, this is speculation - but something worth trying.)
- Something that can be tried (chances are, you may already have tried this), is the Rebirth equivalent of "have you tried turning it off and on again?" - unassign the freighter/s in question (by adding them to your squad), and reassign them to the station in question - sometimes, this can shake loose a jammed command queue. On the flip-side, it can also add further delays if everything was, in fact, working normally, because it re-initialises the ship's behaviour (so it may start a new wait cycle that may otherwise have been near an end.)

Also note that there are simply times when, despite all appearances to indicate the contrary, ships simply wait for a while - maybe the pilots/captains are using a restroom or stopping to have something to eat, or sleeping, or something :P I suspect that sometimes it may be a skill-related thing: the lower the skills, the longer the downtimes - but yet again, this is pure speculation on my part.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Thu, 29. Dec 16, 03:57

Thanks for the reply. I have tried all except taking them out and re assigning them. I'll try that. Thanks

I wonder if someone can write a script/mod that will specifically look for wares to sell from player stations.

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Thu, 29. Dec 16, 11:04

RAVEN.myst wrote:DISCLAIMER: Much speculation in the notes below!

Station-bound freighters (or rather, the managers to whom they report) are notoriously reluctant to sell stuff, they prioritise buying. Even when not buying, they will sometimes hang around "searching for trades" as you've described. That being said, there may be a few things to check:
Ah so theoretical it could be possible, even if I not sure my managers were really doing it.

Concerning the price, most of the time I also let it on auto but I could be beneficial to adjust it
I have 2 stations producing Bofu and Water, and the only supplier of their sector.
At the beginning nobody seem interested even if there was a lack of resources.
I eventually change the price just above the buying price and voilà :D, however 1 credit too much and that's broken.
Also, I have only few station (5) so I can look at them.

With the water station I remove its freighter and use my first "game-play" mod (YAT) and setup their homebase as the sector station; they are very efficient to sell the ware.
I'm not sure that without the mod, NPC still buy at the station, or at a very low level.
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Thu, 29. Dec 16, 16:32

Yeah I did just set up a trader with that same setting too. I'll have to see if that helps.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”