Noclip?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Micknator
xr

Noclip?

Post by Micknator » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:21

My ships seems to have entered some kind of noclip mode. I tried firing at an enemy ship at close range (+/- 1km) with no result so I fired a missile, yet again, no result. That raised my suspicions. They were further raised when enemy fire didn't hit/damage my ship. They were confirmed when I tried to ram a ship, I went straight through it, like it was made out of air.

I haven't restarted the game, but it occurred after loading a save after I was killed. Gonna try reloading/restarting. Keep you posted.

The reason I did post this now, was to report a possible bug, I'm probably not the only one?

My specs:
i5 2500K @3,3GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX550Ti DC TOP (ASUS, standard overclock)
Windows 8 64-bit

Edit: if someone was wondering what I did before that: I had just killed a capital mining ship (hanging inside the hangar bay and firing my plasma cannon and firing missiles (half of which flew outside)) and tried getting out of there via a highway, but got killed on the way over.

Edit 2: after engaging a cutscene (no reloading/restarting) it was all fine again.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:35

It seems the physics system got left behind. If you're able to find a way to reproduce this reliably we'd be interested in hearing about it.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”