Couple of Bugs

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

runxiangguo
x3ap

Couple of Bugs

Post by runxiangguo » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:39

All of these happened by accident, there were no intention whatsoever in trying to find a bug (hate to save and load anyway, especially i constantly forget to save....). First one happened with no significant impact until super-highway, in highway i accidently moved into a wave of ships, literally moved into a wave of ships, resulted in I can see the ships move in and move out whill in highway,i can just exit manually, but when this happened in super-highway, when exit the superhighway, I was warped to a dark spot, which I can only see some light shine past which closely seem to be the tail light of other ship but i can't move and the other part of screen remain black.
Second thing is if standing close to a close air vent too close, I would get myself stuck, 2 results happen, one is stuck not to far which i can close the vent again and move away, the other is stuck to far while my head when through the wall which cause I can't not close the vent. Another that happen which I have no idea how, it happened during the main story line, when trying to find a captain, I tried to figure where to dock since a lot of icon, and probably to far to allow interaction, I try to see if there a way to show where to dock, (at that time I forgot there is a manual...), so I was clicking all sort of stuff and then I found myself clicked disbable guidence , and then I can not turn on the guidence again until save&load.

Futhermore this is I encounter after a save and load, is loading a game while in game, when loaded again, i cannot use the menu window with my cursor anymore, such as trying to trade, clicking on to seller, to offer, adjusting the item number by clicking, which i can't do that but i am able to do it with keyboard.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 12:15

Thanks for the report. We're aware of the first issue with exiting superhighways at speed and are working on a solution. The issue with getting stuck on a platform is also known, but can be worked around by using the main menu and using the option there to return to the cockpit.

For the final issue involving the menu, uploading a savegame to somewhere like dropbox would be very helpful.

bob_hawk

Post by bob_hawk » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:10

Hello all,
wanne post my bugs and impressions as far as i got them for now ..
played the game for 11 hours and got stuck now for several times. Also had to start a new game because i could not do anything anymore.

System:
Windows 7 (64)
6 gig RAM
ATI HD X5900

playing in 1920x1200 without problems. Did not change any videosettings except the resolution.

X-Rebirth - Steam-version

Good things first.
  • graphics look good, at first it was to colorfull but you get used to it fast.
  • the steering of the ship reminds me of IWAR (2001 or so), great.
  • runningspeed in station was to fast at first for me, i play ego-shooter and it was unusual fast, but later on the the game it was good it was fast, because you get bored of walking in the station for long.
Bad things and bugs:
  • No tutorial. The instructions pass to fast. A history, would be nice, maybe by opening the console or something.
  • remapping of keys does not work. You can change the keys yes, but then the new key does nothing. (like i changed the fire missile to G from M and from L to H. Instruction on scanning long range tells me i should press H to scan farther, but does not do anything unless i change it back again to L, then it works fine. Same bug is for throttle. I only use keyboard and mouse.
  • got stuck behind the upflipping gate of the ventshaft and was pushed half inside the station, no way to get out. Had to start a new game because i did not save my progress, lost few hours of play. ( The menu with ENTER was explained in the Manual, for me i read it on the forum, because on steam i did not find a manual at first - You can get out of such impossible situations by pressing ENTER -> 5 -> 5 )
  • The map and tradewindow in the middleconsole of the ships cockpit is not showing sometimes, also starting a new game everthing works, loading the "broken" game still has the same bug. Had to change system to have it removed. ( Some posts say you should press ENTER -> 5 and after you entered the crew-quaters you go back to the cockpit. When the chair turns to you again, then the map and tragewindow is working again. You might wanne try it a few times before it works again tho )
  • sometimes you get asked if you wanne do something from your copilot. In this situation your keyboard gets stuck. I did not see the dialog at the bottom, i was pressing ESC, i wanted to save my game but it was not working until i saw that message, because it is hard to see. highlighting would help, pls.
  • story-line-trading does not work for me. I bought energy cells and wanted to sell them at the destination i was told to, but i can only buy energy cells not sell them. Plot related buying/selling should always work even when not intended from the market. (Possible solution is to fly to the specified part of the station, identify, click it, press F and even if "sell energy cells" is red, click it and try to sell only 100 units) - worked for me.
  • the characters on the stations look like Mannequin or plastic-dolls. Also the copilot always does the same, rolling back with the chair and looking at you when you enter the cockpit, her hands most of the time are stuck through her keyboard and some ppl inside the bar have theirs hands inside their legs (clipping-bug). As is was mentioned in another post already.
  • i hired engineers for my freighter and for my ship but they never came to my freighter. Only the captain and the defense-officer is on board but the engineer is missing and is not on the employee-list. Lost two engineers that way already. ( FIXED in 1.14 )
  • the handbook should be more detailed for the noobs under the first-time-players like me. I was really searching for the "where the "heck" can i find the squads to invite my freighter?" It was not showing after i found it and my copilot told me i should invite him to my squad. Was reading the manual and it only told me to press enter and invite to quad, it did not tell me to click on the freighter first to have it as my target. Also this important thing was missing all the way, you can click on stuff and then the information will appear on the middle-screen.
  • when you dock to your freighter and call your captain to tell him he should travel to a destination the game stops while trying to open "a map?". So traveling inside your freighter does not work atm.
  • the long range scanner is not explained correctly. You have to make a "ping" so to speak (it is like a sonar), instead you get instructed as to hold the key down as long as you can before it melts down ... needed some time to figure out how to use that one. Really a long time! But then i gathered like 200 k Cr in 2 hours. So that one is useful.
  • my wingman shoots at me from time to time. Not good!
  • little radar is missing .. do not know where the enemies are or goods flying around in space. I really miss a radar. Or give me an option to look around in space from my cockpit or from outside.
Think that is enough for now. Thank you for reading, hope someone will bring it to attention at EGO-Soft.

Also some questions i can not figure out. Some say it is not implemented as of yet.
  • [1]How do i repair ships like the freighter or fighter or other ships in my possession?
Bob

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”