Plutarch are shooting at me, what to do?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

struferga

Plutarch are shooting at me, what to do?

Post by struferga » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:40

I am on the second scanning mission, the first one went ok, but so far on the second, my ship always gets attacked when I am in the drone and try to scan the station, does anyone have any tips how to get past this?

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:43

Should this not be i the spoiler section as opposed to tech support?

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

struferga

Post by struferga » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 03:45

oh crap, a Simla thread is in the corresponding German section, so I didnt think about it, pls move it if it is in the wrong subforum.

Stickyresin

Post by Stickyresin » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:08

I thought this might be a bug too because of how frustrating and illogical it is to have Plutarch constantly shooting at you while hacking, but maybe it is intended?

Here's what I did for the 2nd one: First, kill any Plutarch that are currently attacking. Then jump into drone to see the next hack point. Jump out of the drone and fly your ship into the station towards the hack point. The goal is to be as close to the hack point as possible, but also have your ship deep into the station structure so that the AI can't get to you without repeatedly bumping into the station and getting stuck. I could usually find a spot within 5km of the hack point where I could exploit the AI like that. Sometimes they eventually would still shoot me, but I would finish the hack before my shields went out and I then would kill them and/or fly away and repeat for the next hack point.

Dumb, I know, but when a game is broken you have to use the brokenness to your advantage.

Abraxis86
x3tc

Post by Abraxis86 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:26

I just parked the skunk about 10 km from the station and flew the drone in... worked fine

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”