First major patch release

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chefman21

First major patch release

Post by chefman21 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 04:54

Any estimates on when the first major patch will be released?

Arkta

Post by Arkta » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:04

Seriously, I'm not even trying to play the game anymore.

It just has to be fixed.

Even if they fixed the performance/optimization issue... I would probably just get held up with the numerous game breaking quest/trade bugs.

This game was in the pipe for a while... but it should have honestly stayed there longer. This is a very very premature release.

Lise
x3tc

Post by Lise » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:08

Arkta wrote:Seriously, I'm not even trying to play the game anymore.

It just has to be fixed.

Even if they fixed the performance/optimization issue... I would probably just get held up with the numerous game breaking quest/trade bugs.

This game was in the pipe for a while... but it should have honestly stayed there longer. This is a very very premature release.
Yeah one wonders why they felt pressured to release in this state. Take another year, keep putting out great looking trailers and collecting pre-orders.

AquaBoar

Post by AquaBoar » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:13

It seems as if game companies treat their full-price releases as if they were Early Access games.

chefman21

Post by chefman21 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:18

They have to be careful because many will just stop pre-ordering. I'm heading down that path as are a few of my friends. Why should we give someone $50+ for an unusable product?

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:24

AquaBoar wrote:It seems as if game companies treat their full-price releases as if they were Early Access games.
Please keep this in perspective. Egosoft is not in any way a AAA company, they do not have the assets to field a 100 man team. The last I heard this was an effort by 20 people over 7 years.

So those people did their best with what they had and it is remarkable to say the least. Are there bugs, yes. Are they going to fix them, yes.

Just remember bigger games with bigger teams with far larger purses have created far less playable games then this one. Applaud the effort and be constructive.

AquaBoar

Post by AquaBoar » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 05:39

SyberSmoke wrote:
AquaBoar wrote:It seems as if game companies treat their full-price releases as if they were Early Access games.
Please keep this in perspective. Egosoft is not in any way a AAA company, they do not have the assets to field a 100 man team. The last I heard this was an effort by 20 people over 7 years.

So those people did their best with what they had and it is remarkable to say the least. Are there bugs, yes. Are they going to fix them, yes.

Just remember bigger games with bigger teams with far larger purses have created far less playable games then this one. Applaud the effort and be constructive.
Well, the unfortunate thing is that it's just going to hurt them in the long run. People are going to refrain from purchasing for a while due to the prevalence of bugs. The basic AI is what should be most polished, and I can't imagine they tested through the tutorial without running into these issues.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 06:07

Its all because they wasted thier time on AP.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”