30 fps limit sometimes?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jayman1000

30 fps limit sometimes?

Post by jayman1000 » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 13:35

I use Bandicam to display fps and I am seeing an occasional 30 fps limit, but it is also visually quite obvious that the fps is limited to 30. I have notices it happens sometimes when near to and looking at space stations. Normally, without the fps limit effect, I am only seeing about 10 fps change from lowest to highest graphics settings. Looking close to space stations, when the fps limit is not in effect, I usually get around 37-45 fps on highest graphics settings.

It is clear that it is a limit since the fps is exaclty 30 when this happens. Then, when I turn ship to look into space the framerate stays at 30 for a few seconds, then return to normal and rise to whatever the graphic/my computer allows it to, usually 60 fps.

Can anyone confirm this happening? Is there a fix? How do we turn off this 30 fps limiter?

EDIT: Just found out it does not happen when V-Sync is turned off, turning that s**t off then. To bad with the screen tearing, but getting rid of that annoying only sometimes 30 fps limit is much preferred.

EDIT2: Wow, forget what I said about getting fps 35-47 at spacestaions... Turns out that was only that first 'Badland' space station. Visitin the larger space stations gets me as low as 22 fps at 1920x1080 resolution and everything else turned down to lowest... That is barely playable :(

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”