Issue with XRM and missiles.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ProdigyToby

Issue with XRM and missiles.

Post by ProdigyToby » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 23:57

I'm having a couple of problems using missiles with XRM. I can agree with the changes like adding delay so you cant spam them or basically delete a ship with missile barrage, and I can even agree with nerfing their damage by about half on top of all that, and then even the fact that certain swarm missiles arent even swarm anymore. I'm just having an issue with getting my M7M's to use them at all. Supposedly the attack command should make them fire off a barrage of missiles from their missile hard points, but I'm not seeing a single missile being fired. I have set missile probably to 100%, so I don't understand why I cant get my M7's to use a single missile. They will literally approach the target and then start using their on board turrets to attempt to destroy the target that way, without firing a single one. I have boarded my M7 to see if missiles would fire at all, and they do, one at a time of course. I kind of saw very little use to missile ships with the heavy nerfs but still wanted to have some fun with missiles, but they don;t work at all. Infact just having a standard frigate is appearing like a much better option right now. Does anyone know a way to revert the missile changes caused by XRM?

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 10:56

Hello

According to what are you writing, you are playing X3TC or never played X3AP vanilla game. You must give attack command to missile turrets not to your ship.
M7M's in XRM now are more like heavy missile support ship not "I win" ship.

ProdigyToby

Re: Issue with XRM and missiles.

Post by ProdigyToby » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 16:51

ProdigyToby wrote:Supposedly the attack command should make them fire off a barrage of missiles from their missile hard points, but I'm not seeing a single missile being fired.

Viliae
x3tc

Post by Viliae » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 18:04

Peh

How are you giving attack command? If by menu -> combat -> attack, ship will be shooting missile only according to missile probability and only one per attack. You must use command for you turrets (most ships use front turrets as missile turrets) i.e. turret front -> combat -> attack enemy.

All my M7Ms (Ares) are firing barrages (16 to 20 missiles per barrage).

ProdigyToby

Post by ProdigyToby » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 21:41

The turrets are set to attack all enemies, I figured something weird out. IF there is more than one missile type in the cargo bay the ship wont fire a single missile. Its really confusing me. If there is however, only one missile type, like only mosquito's the missiles will fire. If there is one other hurricane or tornado or whatever it won't work

Post by Guest » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 22:39

... as far as i know, XRM changes the vanilla missile turret behaviour, it contains a edited version of the script ´´!turret.missileattack´´
... dunno how exactly it changes the vanilla missile turret behaviour :?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”