X2 The Threat settings reverting?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Helios01
xr

X2 The Threat settings reverting?

Post by Helios01 » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 01:19

This problem started showing up few days after I've been cut off from internet for 3 weeks, and still persists. Everytime I launch the game and the launcher appears, I have EAX unchecked and when I go to graphical or any other settings, all the things are as they were right when I fresh-installed the game. Antialias and shadows are off, resolution is lower than my native one, my joystick settings are gone, player pic is the default one. It doesn't save those settings when I change them and then quit the game (the soft way), like if it was at safemode or something, while I have launch options clean.

I use the Steam version, Windows 8 Pro 64bit. I can't really remember what I did with my computer when it started happening but it couldn't be anything much, like I say I didn't even had the internet connection back then. Maybe it was when I've installed those HUD mods, but it couldn't be by that- it's only 3 simple false path mods from the Parallel X Dimension dev: different shield effect, changed radar skin, removing ship information from HUD. That's all. I didn't experience those problems on Win XP Pro 32bit, with the same mods installed. Just verified the game files, no help. And no, ignore last settings and start with default isn't checked
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 16:10

I forgot to attach a DxDiag, right? Well here it is

http://pastebin.com/wgp97VWv
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

theone4224
x3tc

X Tension Save Reverting too!

Post by theone4224 » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 01:53

I too use Windows 8 (8.1) and my X-tension settings keep reverting. This started today. I went and did my Navy PT came back and boom, all settings to default. Every time I close the game they revert. I do not use mods of any kind and already uninstalled and re-installed to no eval.

My dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/z2BFDXj6
My Steam forum link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/2850/disc ... 873221520/

And yes, I do leave use settings checked. Although it acts like I unchecked it. Interesting dilemma.

theone4224
x3tc

Fix

Post by theone4224 » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 01:18

Fixed by running steam and X-Tension.exe in admin! Might work for X2 as well.

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 18:18

Problem solved after one-time running the game as administrator and then checking it back to normal (so I won't have to press the annoying OK button everytime I start the game). Works normally now!

And by the way, how can you run X-Tension on Win8? My X:BtF always keeps opening in windowed mode (alt + enter or options change nothing), and also fps/responses are very slow

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”