[X3AP] Early Game Trading: Duke's Domain is Insane!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

OniGanon

[X3AP] Early Game Trading: Duke's Domain is Insane!

Post by OniGanon » Mon, 18. Nov 13, 13:07

Maybe this is common knowledge already, but... The Paranid are a silly lot, seemingly incapable of feeding themselves.

They have multiple sectors full of Soy Farms in their core space, permanently full of Soja Beans. They have many sectors full of Soyeries empty of Soja Beans, therefore making no Soja Husk. And so they have many factories not producing anything because they're empty of Soja Husk.

This is true, even if the Soy Farms and Soyeries are in the same sector, within spitting distance of each other. Such is the case in Duke's Domain.

Here's what you need:
-Paranid core space docking permission
-A freighter with around 9000 space (eg Mistral SF, no need to upgrade cargo space)
-roughly 200,000 credits
-preferably have jumpdrive, besy buy/sell, trading extension, docking computer etc

Then simply head to Duke's Domain and buy Soja Beans at 14cr, sell at max. These stations are all very close together, often so close that you have barely undocked before you're in docking range of your next target. You can make over half a million credits in less than 5 minutes here.

Now there's more Soyfarms than Soyeries in that sector, so when you've got a full load of Beans and no one left to sell it to, there's more Soyeries in Empires Edge and Preacher's Void to sell them to. And if you want to keep going, there's more Beans to be had in Duke's Vision, Emperor's Wisdom and Trinity Sanctum.

You'll pay off the cost of that superfrieghter in no time.

And even better: on subsequent runs after the first, after you're done filling all the Soyeries with Beans, you can check them all for cheap Soja Husks which you can sell to the many weapon factories in Paranid Prime, Priest Rings, Emperor's Ridge and Preacher's Refuge.

My most profitable station so far is a two station Soyfarm/Soyery complex in Duke's Vision.

And I have both the stations turned off. They're not producing a thing.

I simply have two freighters assigned to it to buy Soja Beans at 14 credits and sell them for best price within 3 sectors.

Perhaps it's a silly way of doing it, but it works. It works brilliantly, and is raking in roughly double the money of my other stations. That's how crazy this Soja Bean situation is.

Infekted
x3tc

Re: [X3AP] Early Game Trading: Duke's Domain is Insane!

Post by Infekted » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 14:53

OniGanon wrote:My most profitable station so far is a two station Soyfarm/Soyery complex in Duke's Vision.

And I have both the stations turned off. They're not producing a thing.

I simply have two freighters assigned to it to buy Soja Beans at 14 credits and sell them for best price within 3 sectors.

Perhaps it's a silly way of doing it, but it works. It works brilliantly, and is raking in roughly double the money of my other stations. That's how crazy this Soja Bean situation is.
That's the way to do it. You may also want to think a bit further. Add more ships, probly one CLS2 per sector producing lots of beans buying very cheap. Also use CLS2 to buy in cheap husks. Buy in cheap energy and turn your stations back on.
Use CAG to distribute Beans and Husks. And then a CLS2 to sell off energy at a decent price to the soyfarm/soyery's.

Finally do this in each Paranid chunk of space and use CLS1 to deliver excess from over producing areas to any of the other ones that may need it.

asteroidz33

Post by asteroidz33 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 15:17

Something confuses me.

In eve online, when i want to ghetto move ships around, i drop the ship in a hangar somewhere, and pod (small ship) back to the other ship i need to move etc...

But if i take my hauler to Dukes to make him do those automated runs, how am i supposed to get back to my space? Can u eject in a little ship like eve lol

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 15:22

Well the easiest way would be to not take the hauler there yourself. Transfer yourself into something else, either docked at a station, via transport or spacewalk. And then send the hauler down there.

Otherwise you'd have to order another ship to come get you.

Some of the larger ships are able to carry fighter class ships (M3, M4 and M5). The cheapest of these being TM class ships.

asteroidz33

Post by asteroidz33 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 15:35

Infekted wrote:Well the easiest way would be to not take the hauler there yourself. Transfer yourself into something else, either docked at a station, via transport or spacewalk. And then send the hauler down there.

Otherwise you'd have to order another ship to come get you.

Some of the larger ships are able to carry fighter class ships (M3, M4 and M5). The cheapest of these being TM class ships.
Thats a prob though, cuz i scouted the way there and i got attacked by reds, ill check it out thx

04ihegba
x3

Post by 04ihegba » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 19:00

Try ordering a scout or similar vessel to dock at the station you are taking the freighter to. Then take the freighter there, switch vessels to the scout and order the freighter to carroy out tthe trade (it will need at least a trade computer mk1).
Rig:
Sandy Bridge i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz
Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4
Geforce 560Ti 1GB
8GB Crucial DDR3-12800 RAM
6TB of HDD, 256GB Agility 3

asteroidz33

Post by asteroidz33 » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 06:42

Babysat my mercury from algon space to paranid after raising faction

factories are all out of teladianium

Closest supply point seems a bit far

Guess u need a jumpdrive to keep factories supplied?

Not sure if its XRM doing that, but lots of factories seem out of supplies to produce stuff and nobody is supplying them.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 14:15

Save up for a jumpdrive and just bypass the bad sectors. :)

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 16:03

Hmm? You mean the Soyfarms? Teladianium is only a secondary resource.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:22

I had a Taladianium complex SE of there and made many credits with it.
I think there were about 5 sectors around the complex that needed t.dium

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”