[MOD] No Fog V0.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 19:33

Awesome, thanks MutantDwarf!

Update is out, changelog available on the Nexus site. :)

Nebucatnetzer

Post by Nebucatnetzer » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 23:31

MutantDwarf wrote:Here's an updated region_definitions.xml file (goes under libraries) that only eliminates the 'veil' you see. It actually looks quite nice if you just use this without getting rid of the actual clouds, though of course there's no performance increase.

If you'd like to be able to see that there's a nebula around (since they can still be used for harvesting) you can increase the numbers slightly to get a bit of that 'veil' back.
Thanks for finding and sharing this.
What I haven't completely understood yet.
Do we need to see the veil because it's game relevant or does it only appear together with the cloud textures?

Cyllie

Post by Cyllie » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 21:38

The best thing about this mod is it seems to drastically improve performance, except for the random choppiness that seems to occur sometimes when ships spawn (reload is the only thing that seems to fix this).

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 12:29

Nebucatnetzer wrote:
MutantDwarf wrote:Here's an updated region_definitions.xml file (goes under libraries) that only eliminates the 'veil' you see. It actually looks quite nice if you just use this without getting rid of the actual clouds, though of course there's no performance increase.

If you'd like to be able to see that there's a nebula around (since they can still be used for harvesting) you can increase the numbers slightly to get a bit of that 'veil' back.
Thanks for finding and sharing this.
What I haven't completely understood yet.
Do we need to see the veil because it's game relevant or does it only appear together with the cloud textures?
The veil was just defined separately from the fog itself. V0.3 removes that as well. It's only game relevant in so far that it's possible to harvest the fog (which is still possible since as far as the game is concerned, the fog is still there. Just not visible to the player).

Nebucatnetzer

Post by Nebucatnetzer » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 13:04

I was just asking because I would like to use the script which removes the veil but I
would like to keep the clouds.
But if the veil itself is as well a game element then I would have to live with it.
Invisible gameplay elements aren't very practical :)

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 13:15

Nebucatnetzer wrote:I was just asking because I would like to use the script which removes the veil but I
But if the veil itself is as well a game element then I would have to live with it.
As I have posted, V0.3 of the mod removes the veil by incorporating MutantDwarfs code. No need to separately install it. ;)

CotillionRope
x3ap

Post by CotillionRope » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 02:20

enenra wrote:
Nebucatnetzer wrote:I was just asking because I would like to use the script which removes the veil but I
As I have posted, V0.3 of the mod removes the veil by incorporating MutantDwarfs code. No need to separately install it. ;)
Nexus still says 0.2 :\

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 02:36

CotillionRope wrote:
enenra wrote:
Nexus still says 0.2 :\
Sorry, getting my mods confused. :oops:
For NoFog, V0.2 removes the veil.

Hrimthur2008
x3ap

Post by Hrimthur2008 » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 09:58

Just wanna say, awesome job and thank you!

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:59

This has massively improved my performance.

Hanover_fist
x4

Post by Hanover_fist » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 00:13

Increased my fps performance . And I think Space looks a lot better too.
Good job OP.

rifter08
x4

Post by rifter08 » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 04:08

Works great mate. Can run on higher settings, and looks so much better.

spartanheyho

Post by spartanheyho » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 05:11

Debug text pertaining to your mod it seems upon starting new free-play game. Here it is:

Code: Select all

[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='cluster_b_sector_07_nebula_region']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_macro']/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.

not2day

Post by not2day » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 22:53

Hanover_fist wrote:Increased my fps performance . And I think Space looks a lot better too.
Good job OP.
It increased my FPS also, and I've got an Eyefinity setup :)

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 11:08

spartanheyho wrote:Debug text pertaining to your mod it seems upon starting new free-play game. Here it is:

[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_asteroidring_v1']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='small_nebula_field']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='asteroid_field_big_sun']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='cluster_b_sector_07_nebula_region']/fields/nebula[@ref='fogvolume_macro']/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_003']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_041']/fields/nebula/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']/@localdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.
[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/regions/region[@name='region_zone_066']/fields/nebula[@ref='stonestest_macro']/@uniformdensity' in patch file 'extensions\NoFog_V0.2\libraries/region_definitions.xml'. Skipping node.

Which X Rebirth version are you running? 1.17?

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 11:11

spartanheyho wrote:Debug text pertaining to your mod it seems upon starting new free-play game. Here it is:

Which X Rebirth version are you running? 1.17?

nonnex
x4

Post by nonnex » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 14:12

same errors in log with "v 1.19"

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 10:58

Howdy,
Tying to download but no longer available.
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

Commander Kat
x3

Post by Commander Kat » Sun, 9. Feb 14, 13:33

Hi guys.

I am using this now (with 1.24) and its fine but i would like to find out if there is a way to edit this mod to ONLY hide the main veil of fog in zones and leave all other fog fx intact.

Anyone know how ?

Kat
Q9550 2.83Ghz @ 3.4Ghz - 1600Mhz FSB
4GB corsair domi P2-8500/1066 DHX + Domi Fan
XFX6970 2GB 5500/880 + LG-Flattron W2453TQ

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 00:33

For XR 4.30

- fix smol errors
- adaptet for XR 4.30

No Fog v.0.3