[MOD] [XRM:AP] TC Plots in XRM:Albion Prelude

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 17:19

I'm not sure what the devil happened, but it looks like when packing it for distribution something didn't work right.

As such, I'm releasing a version that isn't using .cat/.dat files until I can figure out why the .cat/.dats aren't working. Anyways, use this package instead. You'll probably need to start a new game for that to work.

No idea why just sticking those files (aside from the scripts directory) into a .cat/.dat would make it not work, but it seems to have done so. Bah.

Sorry about that:/

Welingen
x4

Post by Welingen » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 19:23

hi,
Edit: I start a game and many objects and items have names that start with readtext17... I assume this means I made some kind of mistake in my installation?
Hum,I started a new game with a clean install of XRM-AP with alot of script and several addon XRM, and I have no problems readtext objects anywhere until now .

the package with Cat/dat works properly at this time. I think rather to improper installation of XRM or an pb with addware script from pluging manager that must be used for adding all news item from XRM or many script.

may be that this script has nothing to do with your readtext problem, an others script may be.
I'm not sure what the devil happened, but it looks like when packing it for distribution something didn't work right.
I have no problem with your packing.
my load order Cat/Dat if it could help:

- 01 to 04 : main ap cat/dat
- 05 : complex cleaner 4.10 cat/dat
- 06 : xrm main core
- 07 : xrm main core
- 08 : xrm background addon
- 09 : xrm hull pack addon
- 10 : xrm codea waresize addon
- 11 : TC AP plot main core
- 12 : your XRM-AP TC plot patch

Script i'm using :

- Adams ITT
- Advenced navigation software
- Anarkis defence system
- Carrier power link system
- Dock lockup fix
- drome carrier software 2
- Galaxy explorer
- Improved boarding
- logain industrie CSecG
- Marine repairs and Training
- Missile data display
- Missile Safety
- Mk3 improvement reloaded
- Mobile Mining Mk2
- Npc bailing Addon
- Pirate Guild 3
- Rename ships with expression
- Salvage command suite
- Smart Turrets
- Yaki Armada 2
- Khaa'k improvement
- Khaa'k invasion 2

Combat Wombat
x4

Post by Combat Wombat » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 01:29

So I did a total reinstall in case I had something else in there that I forgot I installed. It is alittle better but now instead of having readtext17 as their names alot of terran stations look like they have coordinates as their names.
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Welingen
x4

Post by Welingen » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 06:55

I haven't look over all sector, maybe I've missed something.

I'll install cheat script for looking terran sector, I'm trying to make IE AP plot working with this patch and don't test all sector a this time, maybe i have same pb as you with terran station, i'll check them.

I'm using FR version of X3 and many script have no language T file for this, i must make my proper T file for it, may be you'r in the same case ,using a specific language text that had not good T file in some script, that's for readtext pb.

Are you using the first package of the AP-TC ( with cat/dat) patch or second pack without cat/dat ?

EDIT : i have checked many terran sector, and no problem detected, good name station, good name object , could you tell us where are your name station problem in terran sector ?

do you use a script that alter/ color sector name or script that add terran station ?

Combat Wombat
x4

Post by Combat Wombat » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 10:27

Using the Advanced Start I took these screenshots. These aren't the only occurrences. I believe I even saw a station named like this in commonwealth space.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =198044539
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =198045137

I am not using anything besides TCAP and XRM.
You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

snarfies
x3

Post by snarfies » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 13:49

Its weird - I'm using the first fakepatch release of this mod, and I have seen NONE of these issue. The only Readtext I've seen at all was the title for a Xenon patrol mission, and that was exactly one time. All ships, stations, and menus are fine so far, and I'm now halfway through the TC Terran missions.

Welingen
x4

Post by Welingen » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 13:57

Very strange, i'm looking all terran sector and McCallun relay/ ATF forceli and no problem.

I tryed my FR and US version of the game, no problem.

Hum, have you try without Tc-Ap plot script ? just X3TC-AP+XRM ?

Put all in good directory ( addon) ?

After your clean install and before starting game, have you used pluging manager for adding all necessary ware ( just open and close it ) ?

Hum, maybe XRM package are corrupted, try download again..

ho, i think, do you use no-steam exe or steam exe ?

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:48

snarfies wrote:Its weird - I'm using the first fakepatch release of this mod, and I have seen NONE of these issue. The only Readtext I've seen at all was the title for a Xenon patrol mission, and that was exactly one time. All ships, stations, and menus are fine so far, and I'm now halfway through the TC Terran missions.
Did you see the popup saying that the XRM TC Plots in AP mod was installed? If not, something probably went wrong in the installation and you'll see some things that aren't working right - like the Argon/Terran war starting before its time, some sectors not having the right name (or any at all instead of just coordinates), and sector descriptions not being updated to account for being prior to the Argon/Terran war.
Welingen wrote:hi,
Edit: I start a game and many objects and items have names that start with readtext17... I assume this means I made some kind of mistake in my installation?
Hum,I started a new game with a clean install of XRM-AP with alot of script and several addon XRM, and I have no problems readtext objects anywhere until now .

the package with Cat/dat works properly at this time. I think rather to improper installation of XRM or an pb with addware script from pluging manager that must be used for adding all news item from XRM or many script.

may be that this script has nothing to do with your readtext problem, an others script may be.
I have no problem with your packing.
my load order Cat/Dat if it could help:

- 01 to 04 : main ap cat/dat
- 05 : complex cleaner 4.10 cat/dat
- 06 : xrm main core
- 07 : xrm main core
- 08 : xrm background addon
- 09 : xrm hull pack addon
- 10 : xrm codea waresize addon
- 11 : TC AP plot main core
- 12 : your XRM-AP TC plot patch

Script i'm using :

- Adams ITT
- Advenced navigation software
- Anarkis defence system
- Carrier power link system
- Dock lockup fix
- drome carrier software 2
- Galaxy explorer
- Improved boarding
- logain industrie CSecG
- Marine repairs and Training
- Missile data display
- Missile Safety
- Mk3 improvement reloaded
- Mobile Mining Mk2
- Npc bailing Addon
- Pirate Guild 3
- Rename ships with expression
- Salvage command suite
- Smart Turrets
- Yaki Armada 2
- Khaa'k improvement
- Khaa'k invasion 2
The XRM background addon (IE) isn't going to work well with this, since this mod will overwrite a lot of those changes. And, as I mentioned to Snarfies, if you didn't see the installation popup message, then it wasn't installed right.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 17:49

Combat Wombat wrote:Using the Advanced Start I took these screenshots. These aren't the only occurrences. I believe I even saw a station named like this in commonwealth space.

These are vanilla XRM incorrect installation issues, and have nothing to do with the TCAP mod or the compatibility patch, neither of which touch those things at all.

It looks like the XRM t file isn't being read for some reason. Not sure why *shrug*

Welingen
x4

Post by Welingen » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 18:19

i don't use IE background, just XRM background, i try to make IE working with your patch, nothing else :)

You said that " see the popup saying that the XRM TC Plots in AP mod was installed ", hum i did not see that, but many plot are working, or starting correctly, i' don't finish them ---> trying making IE working

after play with IE it's hard to come back with no background or just XRM background ^^

Personnaly i have no problem, just some ship that have no name occasionnaly.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 18:23

Welingen wrote:i don't use IE background, just XRM background, i try to make IE working with your patch, nothing else :)

You said that " see the popup saying that the XRM TC Plots in AP mod was installed ", hum i did not see that, but many plot are working, or starting correctly, i' don't finish them ---> trying making IE working

after play with IE it's hard to come back with no background or just XRM background ^^

Personnaly i have no problem, just some ship that have no name occasionnaly.
You will have problems, though, because the initialization MD script never ran.

Combat Wombat
x4

Post by Combat Wombat » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 20:21

MutantDwarf wrote:
Combat Wombat wrote:Using the Advanced Start I took these screenshots. These aren't the only occurrences. I believe I even saw a station named like this in commonwealth space.

These are vanilla XRM incorrect installation issues, and have nothing to do with the TCAP mod or the compatibility patch, neither of which touch those things at all.

It looks like the XRM t file isn't being read for some reason. Not sure why *shrug*
Sorry the "XRM t file"? I want to get this fixed and I appreciate the help but I don't know anything about X3 modding outside of extracting zips and renaming cat/dats :D

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:12

Combat Wombat wrote:
MutantDwarf wrote:

Sorry the "XRM t file"? I want to get this fixed and I appreciate the help but I don't know anything about X3 modding outside of extracting zips and renaming cat/dats :D
The XRM 't' files are the ones that store text strings. You obviously installed part of XRM correctly, since some of it is showing up (those stations with the odd names) - but just as obviously you didn't install all of it correctly.

Go reinstall XRM from a base AP install and make sure it works by itself before installing my patch on top of it (and then starting a new game).

snarfies
x3

Post by snarfies » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 21:22

MutantDwarf wrote: Did you see the popup saying that the XRM TC Plots in AP mod was installed? If not, something probably went wrong in the installation and you'll see some things that aren't working right - like the Argon/Terran war starting before its time, some sectors not having the right name (or any at all instead of just coordinates), and sector descriptions not being updated to account for being prior to the Argon/Terran war.
I haven't seen any sector naming issues, but I haven't been to most sectors yet...

I already forget what messages I saw at the beginning, but I'll start a new game when I get home and see what pops up. If I don't see a specific XRM TC Plots message I'll wipe out everything and reinstall everything fresh with the non-fakepatch version, and then use cheatscripts to get myself roughly back to where I was financially - I haven't gotten so far, so I can just re-do those Terran missions.

I'll miss my salvaged Kha'ak Interceptor though... so speedy!

Thank you!

Parias
x3tc

Post by Parias » Tue, 26. Nov 13, 06:18

Just wanted to jump in and thank you for your efforts on this. I literally just decided to start AP for the very first time today (having played through all of the previous X games but taken a long hiatus) for something to do until Rebirth can be sorted. I was VERY interested when I saw what changes XRM brought to the game, but also turned off when I found out it disabled the AP plot. For better or for worse, I've at least gotten some enjoyment out of the X storyline to date.

So having this mod present which lets me refresh on the TC storyline (which I haven't played in years) and then dive into the newer AP content with XRM installed is extremely nice. Thank you.

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Tue, 26. Nov 13, 06:41

I think the only file that probably wasn't running properly in the previous .cat file version was the installation script; everything else probably worked correctly, especially if you're already seeing the TC plots and all. You should be able to continue your previous game after just dumping the XRMTCAPINST.xml file from the new archive into your addon/director folder, but I can't guarantee that everything'll work correctly as I haven't explicitly tested it.

Still, it should work.

Anyways, my next modding project will be to do some testing of this to make sure I have the proper structure for a .catted version, and then the creation of a version that supports IEx. However, I'm not going to be able to release anything for a few weeks to a month due to being in the process of moving across the country, so we'll see how things shape up.

I'll also have to see about updating it to incorporate the changes made with the new version of the TC Plots in AP mod that was just released that I haven't already included in this mod.

snarfies
x3

Post by snarfies » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 04:20

An interesting side-note about the "final" version - my map was all sorts of broken when I installed it using the Plugin Manager. When I re-installed by hand it fixed the map. Just an FYI.

snarfies
x3

Post by snarfies » Tue, 3. Dec 13, 23:55

First post says we need XRM 1.30c and TCAP 2.1... they are now at 1.30d and 2.2a. Are we okay to update?

MutantDwarf
x4

Post by MutantDwarf » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 06:38

XRM's new version is definitely compatible; there may be some compatibility issues with TCAP's new version (I think the only big one is with the new war map file; adding a blank one to this patch's archive may fix the problem). I'll have to investigate them, but I just moved across the country and won't have my gaming computer for another few weeks. I may do some prelim creation of a new version, but I won't be able to test it for quite some time.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 11. Dec 13, 00:36

This mod is incompatible with Immersive Environments (IEx) and the XRM Advanced Universe mods.
Hmm I've started a game without seeing that, with the "TC Plots 2.2a IEX" file, which is compatible with IEX. Are you sure your XRM version makes it incompatible ?

EDIT : I see the popup message saying that the mod is installed and when I play Argon, I receive the "calling to arms" message for the TC plot. So I'm wondering :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”