[MOD] [XRM:AP] TC Plots in XRM:Albion Prelude

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 06:46

Joubarbe wrote:
This mod is incompatible with Immersive Environments (IEx) and the XRM Advanced Universe mods.
Hmm I've started a game without seeing that, with the "TC Plots 2.2a IEX" file, which is compatible with IEX. Are you sure your XRM version makes it incompatible ?

EDIT : I see the popup message saying that the mod is installed and when I play Argon, I receive the "calling to arms" message for the TC plot. So I'm wondering :)
I too have been doing what you have been doing (in addition, I also added the TC-to-AP IEX compatibility patch) and have not run into any issues either with IEX backgrounds or mission running, in XRM.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Mon, 30. Dec 13, 07:05

One more question:

How does AP's war status affect XRM's war status? For example, if I start as a good old Terran Defender (start if TC), will the XRM dynamic war rage in the background? Or, once the AP-plot war begins, will it occur at the same time as XRM's war?

Also, if I disable the XRM war (by using Paul's script) would that affect the AP-plot war?

Thanks!

CNR4806

Post by CNR4806 » Sat, 11. Jan 14, 00:56

MutantDwarf wrote:XRM's new version is definitely compatible; there may be some compatibility issues with TCAP's new version (I think the only big one is with the new war map file; adding a blank one to this patch's archive may fix the problem). I'll have to investigate them, but I just moved across the country and won't have my gaming computer for another few weeks. I may do some prelim creation of a new version, but I won't be able to test it for quite some time.
I'm not sure if it's related, but my game seems to have crashed upon the start of the war (it became extremely unstable upon the "War!" news message). Opening the universe map in particular is extremely prone to crashing.

The crashes seems to be reproducible by using Cycrow's Cheat to reveal all sectors and viewing the universe map. Tested on fresh Terran Defender, ATF Veteran and The Hero of Sol starts which didn't have much problem with me opening the map before/after I forced the war to start via Mission Director, until I used "reveal all sectors" cheat, whether I choose to reveal unconnected sectors or not.

Since I suppose Cycrow's reveal sector cheat don't do anything other than revealing all the sectors and all currently existing structures in them (objects created afterwards are not automatically shown), it would seem like the problem stems from the process of starting the war.

Technical info dump below.

Plots: (Main save, Terran Defender)
- All TC plots except Treasure Hunt completed (A New Home, HUB and Balance of Power completed through Plot Manager)
- Treasure Hunt and corporate missions not started
- Corporate Troubles underway

Plots: (Test starts, Terran Defender / ATF Veteran / The Hero of Sol)
- No plot completed at all (except The Hero of Sol which should be TPC, which I didn't really test). Forced war via Mission Director.

Installed mods:
Official bonus pack
XRM 1.30d (as false patch)
MDM w/ Delta missiles
TCAP 2.2a (as false patch after XRM)
XRM Docking computer ware size patch (as false patch after TCAP 2.2a)
TCAP XRM compatibility patch (installed after installing XRM & TCAP)
Cycrow's Cheat Package (Haven't done anything extreme with it* **)
Ranks for Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirates and Yaki
Bigger gate - Necron style

* Main save: Some of my ships (some spawned) are on god mode. Cleared all asteroids in Unknown Sector east of Legend's Home for placement of PHQ. All sectors revealed.
** Testing starts: Revealed all sectors before/after war start. "Reveal unconnected sectors" on and off both tested seperately.

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Sat, 11. Jan 14, 03:24

Another problem that I've noticed today. The New home (personal sector) plot doesn't spawn the correct sector. The gate that suppose to lead to your sector leads you to an empty sector with incorrect Betty name. I picked "Hope of Light" as my sector name, but betty read the sector as "Bluish Snort". But when you are in the sector, you can't open Universe map(sector map is ok), it's exactly the same as the UJD generated sector that contains absolutely nothing. I reloaded and picked another name(forgot which), and this time, the personal sector becomes Grand Exchange, with the same appearance as the UJD sector that contains nothing.

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Sat, 11. Jan 14, 14:18

Bluish Snort is the best sector name in the history of everything ever. If I had that sector, I'd roleplay as a junkie smurf.
Aladna Hill, Again, AP, 3.1. in the last Game worthy of the "X" title. <<<< X4 might just be changing this. :?:

Argon Destroyer
x3tc

Post by Argon Destroyer » Mon, 13. Jan 14, 14:33

Still no IEX version of mod? :(
I like Running!

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Wed, 22. Jan 14, 22:29

Wow...just thanks!

Why wasn't included from the start...

PS.

For those using mods like Improved Races...be aware that the XRM AP war will still rage unless you turn it off with the (xrm - no war module)...very important if you are using the terran commander start...

Figured that out as soon as I hit Asteroid Belt

I "assumed" it would be delayed...make things very interesting.

gastovski

Post by gastovski » Mon, 3. Feb 14, 22:40

When will AP Plots starts really. Will it happen auto or which missions i should finish if that happens?.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Tue, 11. Feb 14, 10:57

Is there a way to 'reset' a plot?

I am having trouble with the TC plot. It started correctly when starting a new game. But I missed the diplomats, so now after several ingame hours I got it again. Accepted it, and now I am still flying circles, because no terrans show up.
I also got out of sector, docked, scand astroids,... nothing worked.

So, is there a way to reset this plot?

Ferenczy66
x3tc

Post by Ferenczy66 » Tue, 18. Feb 14, 00:51

can you tell me what is the purpose of
"00749.bod" inside the objects folder

Apparently this is having some form of conflict with X2 editor...and if i install your patch...while it seems to operate correctly, from initial tests...it completly fubars X3 Editor 2.

Edit...

I installed everything one at a time...after each folder or item i would try to restart x3 editor..

Within your addon folder...
started with types...tested...no problem
added T ...tested...X3 editor crashed

which is as far as i got...since i have to do a re-install...

As much as i think this is great...and Im the foolish one...you do clearly state it may not be compatible with any updates of the base mod or xrm...

so...it seems this version is no longer compatible with 2.2a

Lorric
x3tc

Post by Lorric » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 15:00

Spectre01 wrote:Another problem that I've noticed today. The New home (personal sector) plot doesn't spawn the correct sector. The gate that suppose to lead to your sector leads you to an empty sector with incorrect Betty name. I picked "Hope of Light" as my sector name, but betty read the sector as "Bluish Snort". But when you are in the sector, you can't open Universe map(sector map is ok), it's exactly the same as the UJD generated sector that contains absolutely nothing. I reloaded and picked another name(forgot which), and this time, the personal sector becomes Grand Exchange, with the same appearance as the UJD sector that contains nothing.
I'm having the same problem. It may be a version mismatch, since I am using XRM v1.30d, TC Plots v2.2a and this mod is for 1.30c and 2.1 of those.

The names I got were (in case this helps you):
Leap of Faith -> CEO's Investment
Kuiperian Descent -> Tharkas Ravine
Mists of Artemis -> Blue Storm
Light of Hope -> Enduring Light
Magrathea -> Prophecy Fulfilled
All of which are sectors that already exist in the universe.

All 5 of them were big, empty sectors (no objects in space, no suns, no planets, with different background nebulas). Only in two of the sectors did I see a jumpgate debris thing.

Also, same issues with universe map not opening and jumpdrive not functioning. The Jump to Me command (on another ship) worked.

Anyway, thanks for a great mod :-)

Aldebaran_Prime
x4

Post by Aldebaran_Prime » Thu, 27. Mar 14, 01:24

Lorric wrote:
Spectre01 wrote:Another problem that I've noticed today. The New home (personal sector) plot doesn't spawn the correct sector. The gate that suppose to lead to your sector leads you to an empty sector with incorrect Betty name. I picked "Hope of Light" as my sector name, but betty read the sector as "Bluish Snort". But when you are in the sector, you can't open Universe map(sector map is ok), it's exactly the same as the UJD generated sector that contains absolutely nothing. I reloaded and picked another name(forgot which), and this time, the personal sector becomes Grand Exchange, with the same appearance as the UJD sector that contains nothing.
I'm having the same problem. It may be a version mismatch, since I am using XRM v1.30d, TC Plots v2.2a and this mod is for 1.30c and 2.1 of those.

The names I got were (in case this helps you):
Leap of Faith -> CEO's Investment
Kuiperian Descent -> Tharkas Ravine
Mists of Artemis -> Blue Storm
Light of Hope -> Enduring Light
Magrathea -> Prophecy Fulfilled
All of which are sectors that already exist in the universe.

All 5 of them were big, empty sectors (no objects in space, no suns, no planets, with different background nebulas). Only in two of the sectors did I see a jumpgate debris thing.

Also, same issues with universe map not opening and jumpdrive not functioning. The Jump to Me command (on another ship) worked.

Anyway, thanks for a great mod :-)
anybody still working on this MOD? - I'd like to install it, but I fear is does not work correctly

Okkim
x4

Post by Okkim » Fri, 11. Apr 14, 06:08

Edit: I am an idiot.

Still I really hope this mod gets updated some day.

Crapgame
x3tc

Post by Crapgame » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 13:46

Aldebaran_Prime wrote: anybody still working on this MOD? - I'd like to install it, but I fear is does not work correctly
I'd also like to know this.

I have a fresh install that I'd like to run XRM and TCAP in but I'm leery that I'll get conflicts later on in the game. I've modded it up and it "appears" fine from the start but in a game like this that takes FOREVER to build up I'd hate for conflicts to arise a month down the road.

I'll be watching this thread for updates!

Thanks for your work.

JackyDawg
x3ap

Post by JackyDawg » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 07:43

Does this mod or the base TC plots in AP add any tships? becuase when I load it into XRM I am getting a bunch of mammoths everywhere.

Also, are there supposed to be Federal Argon shipyards all over Paranid space?

Holzfallen
x3tc

Post by Holzfallen » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 07:51

JackyDawg wrote:Does this mod or the base TC plots in AP add any tships? becuase when I load it into XRM I am getting a bunch of mammoths everywhere.

JackyDawg there seems to be a conflict in XRM with another mod. Here is a link to their FAQ

http://www.thexuniverse.us/downloads/cm ... RM_FAQ.pdf

I have this mod running with XRM with no problems.
Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.
( Thucydides)

A wise man in times of peace prepares for war.
(Horace)

JackyDawg
x3ap

Post by JackyDawg » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 07:54

Holzfallen wrote:
JackyDawg wrote:Does this mod or the base TC plots in AP add any tships? becuase when I load it into XRM I am getting a bunch of mammoths everywhere.

JackyDawg there seems to be a conflict in XRM with another mod. Here is a link to their FAQ

http://www.thexuniverse.us/downloads/cm ... RM_FAQ.pdf

I have this mod running with XRM with no problems.
But these problems started after I installed this mod, I installed no other new mods.

Doing a fresh reinstall anyway though, then see I'll what happens

Holzfallen
x3tc

Post by Holzfallen » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 08:18

JackyDawg wrote: But these problems started after I installed this mod, I installed no other new mods.

Doing a fresh reinstall anyway though, then see I'll what happens
You are installing them as fake patches? Make sure of your load order. Mine as follows:

05 -> TC plots for AP
06 -> XRM part 1
07 -> XRM part 2
08 -> XRM Backgrounds
09 -> XRM docking ware size for codea
10 -> Detector for XRM (Does need some editing in sound files for it to work as it was meant)

And after all that this mod, just copy and paste
Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.
( Thucydides)

A wise man in times of peace prepares for war.
(Horace)

JackyDawg
x3ap

Post by JackyDawg » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 00:02

Got it fixed up. Thanks!

Welingen
x4

update ?

Post by Welingen » Tue, 28. Oct 14, 10:45

hello,

Any chance that an update can be made for " Terran Conflict plots 2.2a for Albion Prelude 3.1" and "Terran Conflict plots 2.2a for Albion Prelude 3.1 IEX " with XRM ?

thanks

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”