[X3AP] Factory-to-TL auto-transfer?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vergeh

[X3AP] Factory-to-TL auto-transfer?

Post by Vergeh » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 06:40

I'm building a missile factory SSC to create a reliable source of the more hard-to-find missiles. However, the storage capacity of the complex is only so finite. Is there a way to 'ferry' the created stock from the station to a nearby TL? I've pored through the CAG menus and can't seem to find anything of the sort.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 07:25

CLS 2. Ship needs a transporter device. Waypoints:

Factory, load missiles, max cargo
TL, unload missiles, max cargo

Set 'minimum amount for collecting' to zero.
Set minimum amount for delivery to 80.

Do NOT put fight command software on the freighter or it will wander off looking for drones and mossys.

Ship will sit at the factory until it is 80% full, then fly off to the TL, unload, and return.

Edit...errr...if you are wanting to move multiple types of missiles add all of them to the waypoints...still only two waypoints so an apprentice pilot will do fine. Probably want to tone down the min on delivery and leave it at 5 just to be sure you don't get stuffed up.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

riceygringo
x4

Post by riceygringo » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 01:24

Which ship needs transporter device? And where should the TS be based? I tried doing this and all the TS does is sit around and load my wares, then when it's full it goes idle.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 03:03

riceygringo wrote:Which ship needs transporter device? And where should the TS be based? I tried doing this and all the TS does is sit around and load my wares, then when it's full it goes idle.
Transporter device must be on the freighter, not the TL. Basically the pilot of the freighter has to know he can transport or he won't head for the TL...even if the TL has a transporter the freighter pilot apparently doesn't know it.

As for the home base of the freighter...makes no difference at all. The 'transactions' are all load and unloads and don't interact with homebase at all. If they were buys the homebase would have to have credits to cover them unless the freighter were homebased at the missile source.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

riceygringo
x4

Post by riceygringo » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 03:32

Right thanks, I put the transporter device on the TL expecting it to work, but I just figured it out.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 15:02

For applications like this then I would tend to question the value of having that much raw value just floating around in space.
If docking slots are not a priority then you may be better off simply docking a couple of large TS's directly at the complex set to load all product into them selves. You can fit a looot of missiles in a large TS.
Cheaper and arguably safer.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 19:28

Infekted wrote:For applications like this then I would tend to question the value of having that much raw value just floating around in space.
If docking slots are not a priority then you may be better off simply docking a couple of large TS's directly at the complex set to load all product into them selves. You can fit a looot of missiles in a large TS.
Cheaper and arguably safer.
Providing protection for a TL that can handle the typical pirate spawn isn't really hard. Probably easier than protecting the complex.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”